hear is one to boggle the mind :)

went to Cardiff today had a Conference with Microsoft playing on that new Kinect its a Must have! anyway on the way there for some reason my temp gauge dropped from normal 90 right down to 70 and then sometime went back up to around 80ish kept going up and down throughout the journey unless i came to a halt for a while then i went back up to 90, was the same on the return journey as well. i checked the oil temp on the digital clock and it was allways around the 80-90. Anyone got any ideas please :) Thanks in advance

yh but if i was you i would change the entire thermostat housing with o-rings aswell because the plastic gets brittle over time and could crack when its being removed

Yeh but im thinking it should be ok because when i had the new engine put in bout 8 months ago i changed the thermostat housing then for a brand new one well the plastic bit with the o-rings ...

yh but if i was you i would change the entire thermostat housing with o-rings aswell because the plastic gets brittle over time and could crack when its being removed

Yeh but im thinking it should be ok because when i had the new engine put in bout 8 months ago i changed the thermostat housing then for a brand new one well the plastic bit with the o-rings ...

Good advise to change the lot as its gone through 8 months of heat cycles. Maybe i've been unlucky, but every time I've changed just the thermostat its leaked afterwards.

Change the lot now whenever it needs a therrmostat, as I just cant be bothered with fixing it twice, or pouring new coolant away!