Classic insurance?

depends on the insurance company, i know HIC say your car has to be15 years old or more,then you do an agreed milage (say 3000) and it brings your insurance down loads...

mine didnt qualify as mine is a 97 so i went with a 'modified policy' and agreed milage... which means all mods are insured too, so if mine is written off, not only do they replace the car they will then pay out for me to rebuy all the mods i have listed so i can fully rebuild my car... thats with adrian flux and sky insurance who support the premium members of the site, so its well worth spending £15 now and saving a bucket load on your insurance. :) :)

i went with a 'modified policy' and agreed milage... which means all mods are insured too' date=' so if mine is written off, not only do they replace the car they will then pay out for me to rebuy all the mods i have listed so i can fully rebuild my car... thats with adrian flux and sky insurance who support the premium members of the site, so its well worth spending £15 now and saving a bucket load on your insurance. :) :)

[/quote']

I did the same as Nat so i wouldnt be out of pocket or left with standard bits should i stack it! And as Nat said i got discount of more than £15 so worth the membership fee alone right there!

depends on the insurance company' date=' i know HIC say your car has to be15 years old or more,then you do an agreed milage (say 3000) and it brings your insurance down loads...

mine didnt qualify as mine is a 97 so i went with a 'modified policy' and agreed milage... which means all mods are insured too, so if mine is written off, not only do they replace the car they will then pay out for me to rebuy all the mods i have listed so i can fully rebuild my car... thats with adrian flux and sky insurance who support the premium members of the site, so its well worth spending £15 now and saving a bucket load on your insurance. :) :)

[/quote']

Is it cheeky to ask what you payed for your insurance then??

Hi all' date=' just wondering would my 93 vr golf qualify for classic car insurance?, it will only be used occasionally,any help greatly appreciated

[/quote']

Classic insurance isn't so much about the age of the vehcile, it is more about the circumtances, eg usually it must be a second car, limited mileage, kept in a garage, few or no mods etc etc

Ollie

Sky Insurance

• 1 month later...

I have a 95 GTI 8v which is insured through Heritage Classic Car Insurance for 352 p/annum. Just bought a 95 vr6 and they charged me 392 p/annum. Both with 3000 miles per year. They wanted 701 p/annum for my old Mark 4 GTI 2 ltr 8v so I have a bargain I thinks ?? I am 34 years old with 1 years no claims and live in an ok area. Give them a try as I found them very helpful. Quotes available online. Cheers

• 1 month later...