seen these leads with discs on ebay, there for 8.99, they use sharewere tech available from ross tech , seen plenty of people buy them for golfs etc and said all is fine, obviously with the share were version u dont get everythin but i only want it for code readin and clearin which it does, just wanted opinions, money back guarantee so not much risk, uk seller

seen these leads with discs on ebay' date=' there for 8.99, they use sharewere tech available from ross tech , seen plenty of people buy them for golfs etc and said all is fine, obviously with the share were version u dont get everythin but i only want it for code readin and clearin which it does, just wanted opinions, money back guarantee so not much risk, uk seller

[/quote']

I bought one recently, fine for reading codes but you cant clear them. Need to register (and of course pay for a license) with ross tech to be able to clear them

oh right what car did u use it on spoke to others with mk3 s etc they all said was ok for checking and clearing faults etc just couldnt use all other features etc?

I used it on my mk2 VR and on my mk4 diesal. It reads and displays the faults but when you click the clear dtc button a message pops up and says need to register on ross-tech site.

I bought this lead:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAG-COM-USB-KKL-OBD-2-Cable-AUDI-VW-SKODA-SEAT-VAG-/160403980392?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2558d28068

Maybe I need to investigate how I have installed it, I did follow the instructions though!

I had this problem too. In the end I tested the com ports in vag-com, it identified comm 3 but still wouldnt work.

I then had to go into:

start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager. (you will see a list)

click on

click on a port>port settings>advanced>then at the bottom you see try selecting a different com port number> ok it al then re run vag com.

Basically, vag com recognised comport 3, but it was labelled com port 2 in my computer. Once I selected a different one it worked and recognised the modules.

I found the above on the net somewhere, I'm not sure what any of it means as im no computer whiz, but it works now!!!

Hope it helps!

(oh i can now clear codes. Looks like the option wont let me as its shareware, but I can manually scan the modules and clear them.)

• 1 month later...