Absy Mk3 R32 Conversion - FINISHED P23

Mk4 FourMotion box of snakes' date=' apparently this is the complete loom, this is daunting and scares the s41t out of me. Hopefully I won't need much out of this

[img']http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/VR6_ABSY/IMG_1915.jpg

Mk4 FourMotion ECU wiring looms, these need splicing into existing VR loom so will be handing this over to C2MotorSport

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

Just don't ask Matt for your old wires back! LOL

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no debate. the MK5 R32 engine is NOT FSI - fact.

if the mk4 is manifold injection and your mk5 is FSI is the fuel rail still physically the same?

If you use a Mk4 fuel rail when fitting Mk5 you can use the existing fuel lines' date=' otherwise you need an additional fuel regulator

Until i get the inlet manifold off i'm not prepared to comment anymore on the FSI debate ;-) I haven't yet built up enough brownie points to be allowed anywhere near the new engine but to help others thinking about it i've listed the parts required now that i've sourced them all :-)

[/quote']

I did say if lol

if the mk4 is manifold injection and your mk5 is FSI is the fuel rail still physically the same?

If you use a Mk4 fuel rail when fitting Mk5 you can use the existing fuel lines' date=' otherwise you need an additional fuel regulator

Until i get the inlet manifold off i'm not prepared to comment anymore on the FSI debate ;-) I haven't yet built up enough brownie points to be allowed anywhere near the new engine but to help others thinking about it i've listed the parts required now that i've sourced them all :-)

[/quote']

I did say if lol

LOL

I'm the boss in my house and come up with most of the ideas

The wife just tells me what i can do, when i can do it and how much i can spend :-(

• 1 month later...

Superb mate. I remember mine being stripped in that very garage for my head gasket !

Never thought I would see the day you got an R32 in there though ! Can't wait to see it all finished !

I am gonna make loads of shows next season so am sure I will get the chance to see it at some point.

Looks like a challenge but one I know you will enjoy ;-)

just what you needed lol' date=' sure jen will let you store some bits in the lounge tho.....

[/quote']

Not lounge mate but dining room is an option, i'll ask.

Wonder what her response will be *-) especially now that its all done ????

Prob have more chance putting my feet on a mulberry dash lol

i have a question for when its all buttoned up and back on the road, will this car, the chassis being pre 2001 still be taxed as an over 1600cc engine? or will the car now be taxed on the standards the post 2001 engine was made under, ie 250gCO2 so arse rapingly high tax band Z times a million?

So is it the older standard the car was registered under or the newer standard the engine was registered under?

I know for emissions it goes on the engine no matter what car its in, so the R32 engine will be tested for emissions like the orginal Mk5 car was, but no one can tell me what happens to the way the car is taxed

i have a question for when its all buttoned up and back on the road' date=' will this car, the chassis being pre 2001 still be taxed as an over 1600cc engine? or will the car now be taxed on the standards the post 2001 engine was made under, ie 250gCO2 so arse rapingly high tax band Z times a million?

So is it the older standard the car was registered under or the newer standard the engine was registered under?

I know for emissions it goes on the engine no matter what car its in, so the R32 engine will be tested for emissions like the orginal Mk5 car was, but no one can tell me what happens to the way the car is taxed

[/quote']

Good point and something that has been bugging me, it's still a VR6 but with a bit of a rebore cough cough ;-)

that was a one off moment of weakness photo oppertunity lol' date=' but i get the message on that one, if your stuck for room , give Cornish that R32 engine thing and i,ll look after it for ya

[/quote']

I asked and she shocked me with her respone, 2 words, 1st word begins with F, 2nd word ends with F

The 3.2L engine is getting closer to its final resting place ;-)