Absy Mk3 R32 Conversion - FINISHED P23

If that engine is from a MK5 Golf it is NOT FSI.

FSI is on the newer Passat 3.2/6.

You will need a MK4 R32 or 4Motion alternator etc bracket' date=' so that you can fit PAS.

[/quote']

cheers buddy, have u done a conversion ? keep the advice coming ;-)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no debate. the MK5 R32 engine is NOT FSI - fact.

either way' date=' it's gunna be a schweeet conversion to have, and also the engine will be in something that aint as lard arsed as a mk5 so even better :)

[/quote']

thanks mate that's the sort of response i was hoping for ;-) now we got a massive debate lol

I thought it was FSI but how do i tell ?

C2 and the Phirm are the only 2 that have managed to get the 3.6's running fsi at the moment although others have the engines they havn't been able to get the fsi working. I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong. Either way it's a cracking engine to have.....

either way' date=' it's gunna be a schweeet conversion to have, and also the engine will be in something that aint as lard arsed as a mk5 so even better :)

[/quote']

thanks mate that's the sort of response i was hoping for ;-) now we got a massive debate lol

FSi injects direct into the cylinders at high pressure, your pic looks like they inject into the manifold. If all VAG FSI engines suffer with carbon build up like the B7 RS4 and the R8, your better off without.

[/quote']

FSi injects direct into the cylinders at high pressure, your pic looks like they inject into the manifold. If all VAG FSI engines suffer with carbon build up like the B7 RS4 and the R8, your better off without.

Nah you can see the end one goes through head, i think lol ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Look at what i've got, Christmas has come early :-)

Mk4 FourMotion ECU 022 906 032 BG, needs certain bits of software deleting

IMG_1931.jpg

Mk4 R32 Fuel Rail 022 133 317 K

IMG_1927.jpg

Mk4 FourMotion Power Steering Pulley 038 145 255 A

IMG_1922.jpg

Mk4 FourMotion Tensioner 022 145 299 D

IMG_1921.jpg

Mk4 FourMotion Alternator Bracket 022 280 087 D

IMG_1917.jpg

Mk4 R32 DBW Accelerator Pedal 1J2 721 503 J

IMG_1916.jpg

Mk4 FourMotion box of snakes, apparently this is the complete loom, this is daunting and scares the s41t out of me. Hopefully I won't need much out of this

IMG_1915.jpg

Mk4 FourMotion ECU wiring looms, these need splicing into existing VR loom so will be handing this over to C2MotorSport

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

if the mk4 is manifold injection and your mk5 is FSI is the fuel rail still physically the same?

If you use a Mk4 fuel rail when fitting Mk5 you can use the existing fuel lines, otherwise you need an additional fuel regulator

Until i get the inlet manifold off i'm not prepared to comment anymore on the FSI debate ;-) I haven't yet built up enough brownie points to be allowed anywhere near the new engine but to help others thinking about it i've listed the parts required now that i've sourced them all :-)