Hella Smoked Twin Headlights!

Hi,

I have Hella Smoked Twin Headlights on my motor.

The trouble with them at night time, is that they light up the ants on the nearside pavement, so the vision is very bad. On roads at night without street lamps, I have to go so slow as I can't see where I am going. I know that the headlights are designed for left hookers, but I can't adjust them to the right anymore. The only other alternative is to replace the headlights. Any ideas on what I can do and also what are the best bulbs to put in, is it Xenon?

Thanks in advance!

Jon ;)

[ Edited ]

Hi' date='

I have Hella Smoked Twin Headlights on my motor.

The trouble with them at night time, is that they light up the ants on the nearside pavement, so the vision is very bad. On roads at night without street lamps, I have to go so slow as I can't see where I am going. I know that the headlights are designed for left hookers, but I can't adjust them to the right anymore. The only other alternative is to replace the headlights. Any ideas on what I can do and also what are the best bulbs to put in, is it Xenon?

Thanks in advance!

Jon ;)

[ Edited ']

You can change the lights from lhs to rhs...will scan the instructions i got from my lights and post them on tomorrow :)

Cheers Pete, I won't be selling them yet. I like the look of them. With the Kamei grille,it gives the motor at the front an aggressive look! Thats my opinion anyway. There are 2 sets of them on ebay, both with 5 days left to go. 1 are £126 and the 2nd are £35. Hope this helps! I guess that 1 of yours has finally had it then. I remember reading that you were trying to fix 1 after your liitle prang. Well anyway good luck in sourcing a new 1! ;)

golfvr6011evensmaller.jpg

[ golfvr6011evensmaller.jpg ]

Thanks in advance Tommy! How do you find your lights at night? :?

[ Edited Thu Feb 26 2004' date= 07:55AM ]

I find my lights really good....do you have the projector type of head light!!!

Here's how to change from lhs to rhs.....you have to take the units out to do this i think.....there are a couple screws you loosen on the back of the main beam, then you rotate the lens...it should make sense once you've taken them out !dodge ;)

26_february_20041.jpg

[ 26_february_20041.jpg ]

Well mine don't look like that. If you've got a bulb like that, you've effectly got the brightness of 2 bulbs (more or less). Did your lights come with those bulbs then? If they did, maybe you've got a later set, where Hella learnt from earlier faults and updated the system of it! How do you find the vision at night then? Mine is crap, compared to normal headlights.

Cheers 8o)

My lights are about 7months old so i suppose its possible to have a later style bulb....the lights are much better than the standard lights i used to have!!!

One problem i do have with the lights is they steam up when it rain's...some times really bad do yours!!!

I think the type of light is called a projector light :?

If you want to upgrade your bulbs you could using somthing like 100/120...instead of the standard 55/60....ive put these bulbs in my mk2 as the lighting is really bad....you would have to use a reay with this power lighting though...but it would transform your lights!! ;)