Sunroof drainage problem?

I know this is a common problem as I've searched through a few different posts. I was wondering how people tackled unblocking the drainage holes? I've pushed a thin piece of rod up the hole to free it off but this hasnt worked. If run water into the hole it comes out behind the dash in the passanger footwell. Is there a pipe that runs from the drainage hole down the front pillar and to the exit nipple as i'm wondering if this has fallen off or something.

atb

Tony.

yes mate if you stick your head through the sunroof in the front right and left corners are two drainage holes that run down the front pillars and come out of a rubber nipple in the door shut - check that this isnt blocked first - easy to clean it out with something like a washing line or plastic coated wire so clean the door nipple first and then the drainage holes from the sunroof :)

nope because their is another drainage channel going towards the front I belive ( in the wing) and it tends to spill out there - thats exactly what my old one did !! the only other thing to check is if the water is greasy as that would indicate heater matrix - also is it only the front footwell thats wet ? its not draining forward from the rear one is it ?

i did mine in a few seconds with an air line. a quick blast at 120 psi through a blower that fits in the hole nicely will clear it out.. makes a mess of hinges etc with all the crap that comes out. i had about a litre of water come out mine and loads of mud-like stuff.

did mine yesterday. my roof console was soaked near the sunroof. thought it was getting in through the windscreen seal as there were 2 drip marks on the inside of the glass. rolled the roof back and poured some water into the channel and watched as my passenger side drain hole in the door shut let some water out but not my drivers side. so i stuck my finger in the rubber tubes and pulled a load of muddy crap out. flows a lot better now. best to check the rear drains as well. pour some water towards the back of the sunroof channel and it should come out under the rear bumper at the back of the wheel (well mine did)

just cleaned mine out as i had some trouble with water filling up my footwells.

i tryed unblocking it with some speaker cable but i found behind the glove box the main pipe coming down from the sunroof goes into the rubber grommet at the door and pushing things into the pipe from the door pushes the main pipe out of the grommet!!!

so just wip out the glove box and cheak the main pipe is still goin into the grommet....

• 2 weeks later...