Sold my Mk4 Turbo... Bought a VR6!

Finally sold my Mk4 turbo and picked up a nice 93 K VR6 this afternoon....

First impressions are really good car for the money.

1 question.... what's the normal running temp of the car? Mine shows fairly normal on the gauge, but if you use the trip computer, it shows anywhere between 98 and 102... is this right?????

Cheers

happy Mike 8o)

well done!

How does it compare to the 172bhp your 16v was putting out?

Huge difference! My 16v was 170bhp & 149lb/ft. My APR Mk4 turbo was 172bhp & 217lb/ft

The Mk4 was more responsive (cos of the torque) but the VR6 is a much easier car to drive. Smooth at all revs, steady at low revs, a monster above 4000rpm!

Well happy!!

Hi mate - good choice! Ive had my VR since last August and its soooooperb! Good bit of grunt for the cash eh?! My oil temp is betwen 92-102 depending on how hard she's pushed, and she's only done 45K, so i wouldnt worry - must be (hopefully!!!) normal!

Is the VR a much better car then?

my opinion is yes. Coming off a roundabout in the mk4 and putting the foot down resulted in a heap of wheelspin. The VR seems to just pull away. However, my car was an early model (1999). So when chipped I only got 172bhp... later cars chip much better (2001 onwards cars can see approx 230bhp with a Jabba remap!!) That may have made the car more interesting!!

But, with being made redundant, I couldn't keep paying my loan so had to sell the Mk4. Got the VR6 at a good price and so don't have a loan. I was going to have it for 6 months till I have a job etc, but think I may hold on to it for a while longer cos it is awesome!!! (I just want a dry sunny day to really enjoy it as it has snowed since I bought it!!)

and I did the same as you Mike79, I had a mk4 turbo and sold it due to redundancy and got a Highline. It certainly wasn't the worst decision I've ever made, the mk3 is so much better in a lot of ways.

High speed assault weapon. Effortless speed all the time.

raced a 1.8 t on an A road, everytime i got to 4000 rpm, i blew him away. When we stopped he said " i just sold my vr, their fast are'nt they!" :D

Not the fasted accelerator in the world, in fact very underpowered for the size of the engine, but its very addictive to drive and so confortable (clutch a little heavy though). My fezzy turbo would kill the vr in any gear (when i had traction), but it was such an effort and quote "so difficult to drive" that it turns out i probably get from a-b quicker on a day to day basis. vr's are a very comfortable long distance drive and quite economical on the motorway run 24+ mpg.

Should have had 200 bhp as standard tho as its gonna cost me bucks to modify