over revving on tick over then loosing all power at junctions please help!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup vr6oc and will have a couple of our banners and prob a pirate flag !! or just look out for the baby blue mk3 ;)

all this time driving round Norwich and i havent seen your baby blue VR6 you must keep it hidden!!

oh yes it only comes out on special occasions :) :) how did you get on with the car ?

[

oh yes it only comes out on special occasions :) :) how did you get on with the car ?

not very well i went to take the trottle bofy off and have discovered a plastic diaframy thing that gos from the top of the rocker cover to the air filter pipe and the trottle body, this is cracked and the idiot who owned it before had glued it and now its in pieces do you think this may be my problem and do you know what its called so i can get a new on

well it might be although on mine it is just a pipe off to a breather but if its broken and air is getting into the system it wont be helping - you could try blocking off the entrance into the big pipe at the top and see if that helps - the breather off the rocker cover is just for excess oil

ok have now cleaned the trottle body and uit has made no differance whatsoever, could you send me a pic of the isv so iknow i have the right piece off i think i have but if its the part i think how do you clean it its a sealed unit, heeelllpp

ha ha ok :) the MAF is the air flow meter and in the diagram I posted on the previous page its no8 and is located after the air filter unplug it undoe the clips either side and spray the inside without touching it with electrical contact cleaner or isopropyl aclochol - the isv is located just to the right of the throttle body and will have an even larger rectangular plastic box at the end of it. Excuse the crudeness of the diagram but here you go !!

1279569109_5463_FT375488_vr6_engine_diagram_.jpg

ok have now completed the clean and putting everything back together and yes i THINK it's worked just need to replace that part number 9 and we are ready to go other than a bit of a valet thankyou so much for your help xx see ya saturday

just one more question then i'll let you be, in order to stop my sqeek i need to change the altanator, so i dont look like a right numpty driving in to bugjam, my question is are all mk3 altanators the same as the vr6 or am i gonna have to find a vr6 specific one !!