I had a catch can fitted to mine for about 20 mins. Apart from pipercross, full milltek and supercharger it's nearly standard ;-) you don't need a catch can unless it's a proper track car or got serious power!! If it is any of the above, you will need a 19mm inlet & outlet on your catch can to allow for the pressure to blow off from your rocker cover. I had a 15mm blow off on mine when I went to stealth and he told me to up size and run it to the steering rack or there abouts. I thought it would look good but turns out unless your running 400bhp, not worth it. BTW, mines runnin 273bhp.....

ahhh ok cheerss dude! And thanks for the pic, yes it was more the fact that i was given a pretty decent one and 1- im startin to make the bay luk a bit more appealable and 2 im extremely bored and wanted to fill time by fitting it lol does it not get quite a lot of shit out of ur oil, a mate has 1 on his a3 20vt remap and said the amount of shit it collected was unbelievable. quite new to the motor scene so im just taking in as much info as i can so i may be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

It SHOULD be 19mm especially on a boosted vr. Smaller outlets will build up too much crankcase pressure.

Do they? I'm using an ebay type catch can an its ok' date=' no build up of pressure.

[/quote']

Well the outlet is 19mm.....by makin the inlet of the catch can smaller you are not letting the engine breathe.....i wouldnt run anything smaller than a 19mm!

• 1 year later...

One question, I've seen a couple of pics where people appear to have left the PCV on, then run a pipe to the catch can. I thought the idea was to remove the PCV valve altogether?

For example this looks like the valve is still in place, with a length of hose running from it to the can?:

DSCF2505.jpg