A little help, possible dodgy fuel pump?

Just gone through 60 pages of previous maintenance pages trying for answers...please help!

I drove the mk2 out of the garage to work on it the other day, started fine. Spent the day working on it (just undersealing the underneath) come to start it to put it away and it wouldn't go.

It turns over fine as it has fully charged, newish battery, and a 1/2 tank of fuel. However when I turn the key the fuel pump doesn't buzz at all. I pulled off the fuel lines to check and there is no fuel coming through at all whether priming or turning the engine.

So i'm thinking fuel pump relay or fuse - Changed relay,fuse ok, no difference.

I'm thinking of running a lead from the battery to the pump directly to see if its the pump or wiring leading to it but not sure which of the 4 pins coming off the pump I would need to connect power to, any ideas which connection or other things to try?

(btw im running the whole VR fuel system and tank)

Many thanks....

• 3 months later...

Try putting power straight to the fuel pump , if it spins the pumps ok.

After trying many things, I finally got round to wiring the diagnostic loom in and hooked it up to the laptop, turns out its the transponder stopping start up. it'll pump enough fuel in for it to run for 2 seconds then cuts off.