My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

Ok so after a week or so of running the de-cat im quite impressed with it and the sound is even better,

just need the middle pipe now for the whole package

Fitted my Hella reds so will post a pic soon, im undecided at the moment but they may grow on me as everything normally does,

Also got my de-locked door handles which are away for painting at the moment just to tidy them up a bit.

:)

I had problems getting on and off the mot ramp and in and out of the brake tester rollers!!!lol the block actually sat on the floor while the wheels were in the rollers... :S lol

Also wasnt happy when it was driven up the slope into the garage towards the mot ramp, i wasnt driving, turned around when i heard bang/scratch.....followed by my shout of Oi watch the f*king bottom....what you think it is a 4x4, slow and easy idiot!!!! lol.....they let me drive it back down.lol

I had problems getting on and off the mot ramp and in and out of the brake tester rollers!!!lol the block actually sat on the floor while the wheels were in the rollers... :S lol

Also wasnt happy when it was driven up the slope into the garage towards the mot ramp' date=' i wasnt driving, turned around when i heard bang/scratch.....followed by my shout of Oi watch the f*king bottom....what you think it is a 4x4, slow and easy idiot!!!! lol.....they let me drive it back down.lol

[/quote']

Well i was in luck as my brother works at the garage so i could walk away happily after i drove it on the ramps knowing they would treat it as it should when moving it around the workshop lol :)

Just a quick couple of pics from this evening on the way back from work, quick pitstop at sainsburys for dinner and spotted my old mans motor parked up and decided to pull up next to him - no risk of nice colourful scratches on the doors due to careless people not giving a s**t! pic shows new hella reds just been fitted... shame the car looks grey - the joys of cornish roads! definately needs a good clean and polish on the weekend.

newcar024.jpg

newcar023.jpg

Where did you get the headlights from? Nice car mate! I am getting the decat next week also :)

Hi there,

cheers

I got these off a forum member, original hella units boxed as new, quite lucky really,

The decat was a very good purchase i would highly recommend it, just looking to purchase a supersprint mid section now to compliment it, the original bolts for the cat were a pain to get off tho 8-)

love the rear lights' date='and the pic from the rear is quality,it looks dirty and used,after all its what its there for :D

[/quote']

cool cheers mate,

I wasnt sure at first but there growing on me, i think there a bit more oem look and at the moment im liking.

its the only time i park next to my old mans car and his is cleaner...he caught me off guard, finally it looks as if you do use it he said..:)

I have that mid section! It sounds very good and pops a lot :) combine that with my sebring back box and it's a smile everytime! Just nned that de-cat now and will be good times!

is yours without the silencer? im just waiting for a estimated delivery time as its not in stock in the uk and as i sold supersprint products in the past i know they can be a nightmare to get hold of....just prefer this over a custom made center pipe and they wanted double the money anyway.8-)

Tail lights look good mark :)

I got a set of CL's tinted the tops red then did the centre bit (reverse light) with lamin-x smoke film' date=' basically cheap red/smoke/red :)

[/quote']

yeh i think thats the best way mate at least you will still have a rverse light?

mine are us spec so the layout is a little different but they look quite good at night,

you casn have a closer look when we meet up,

when are you free next? im working up until 10th oct but still free evenings :)

Yeah it is without the silencer :)

might have to get it ordered then, its only £65 with free delivery :)

Still in two minds whether or not to fit the oem mudflaps front and rear that i have now its looking like winter on the roads around here, whats your opinions on them?

What with a few days off work i decided to fit my new black/chrome fog and indicator set, i think these look quite good over the smoked versions and there a very good fit too,

Just need some silvatec indicator bulbs to finish the look and lose the orange glow.

Heres a few pics below of them.

oct032.jpg

oct053.jpg

oct054.jpg

A better picture of the Hella reds fitted and the sharan stubby aerial.

oct055.jpg

Then after a bit of a detail decided to go for a drive and get some pics locally

oct062.jpg

oct066.jpg

oct070.jpg

oct075.jpg

:)(B)

• 2 weeks later...

could you get some detailed pics of your CS plinth and the lock barrel setup? can you still open the boot by pushing the lock barrel in like the stock setup?

yes the button is situated under the plinth with the number plate lights and opens the same as the stock button would and can still be locked/un-locked with the key too.

yes will try upload some in the next 20 mins mate ;)

As it was a lush winters day we decided to put some petrol in the motor and go enjoy the cornish

country and coastal roads, shame it didn't stay clean very long.

pics below also showing more lows as i was bored at the weekend and decided it needed to sit a bit lower.

carbitsforsalendaysout023.jpg

carbitsforsalendaysout024.jpg

Time for some detailing tomorrow i think

and a little work under the bonnet :)

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived in the post a few weeks back, car was quite dusty when it was pictured.

novemberpics612.jpg

Started to spruce up the engine bay as was a job i have been putting off until winter time, for now the inlet manifold, cam cover and engine cover have been painted black with light blue inserts to match the ignition leads (not all my own work tho, it was actually my girlfriends painting skills on the engine cover lol) she does like to get involved when working on the vr, But this is how it stands at the minute... lots more still to clean and replace :)

novemberpics654.jpg

novemberpics653.jpg

and just a few shots of the car now the suspension has settled in a bit more minus the spring assisters that were previously fitted.

novemberpics652.jpg

novemberpics646-1.jpg

novemberpics649.jpg

:)