jcorallo, here they are all 8 DTC's :(

00533 - Ide Regulation Adaptation Limit Exceeded (N71)

00533 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)

00561 - Fuel Mixture Adjustment Mul Exceeded

00582 - Knock Sensor Control Cyl. 6

00579 - Knock Sensor Control Cyl. 3

00580 - Knock Sensor Control Cyl. 4

00543 - Maximum Engine Speed Exceeded (engine Warranty VOID :-)

00561 - Fuel Mixture Adjustment Add Not reached

mate - your car is fooked!

ok - lets start with the basics:

You do have the correct chip for the Supercharger kit and its mapped for the Schrick that you have yes? It might not be too much of an issue with the Schrick though - but as long as you have an SC chip.

The chip is OK to be used with an Auto box yes?

The 00533 code on the N71 (N71 is the Idle Stabilisation Valve) tells you that an idle limit has been exceeded. This could be a cascaded error from the other problems on the car. Either way, its tried to go too far one way - either too far open to allow the car to tickover, or too far closed to stop the car from revving up at tickover (can suggests air leak after ISV - but this code might go away when you fix the main problem)

00533 - Mass Air flow - looks like the culprit item - is it actually connected? Were there any other errors with this code? They take a battering with the SC and can get covered in oil unless you have a catch can to remove the oil from going through the MAF. Expensive btw... might be better to try a 2nd hand one or clean yours up using Isopropanol Alchohol.

The 00561 Mul (Mul means under load Add means at idle). Means the ECU is EITHER having to hold back OR dump more fuel. More details lower down.....

Knock sensors - its either a case of making sure they are connected and working, or it could be the ECU controller not working. I'd bet faulty wiring. These might go away if you fix the MAF, but dont ignore them as you will break your engine if they are faulty.

Engine speed - how?!?

The 00561 (Add means at idle) "Add not reached" Means the ECU is EITHER having to hold back OR dump more fuel.

About the 00561 codes. Did Vince say you were running LEAN after analysing the exhaust gases???

Unfortuntely, you need to hook it back up to a VAG-COM again. There is a fuel trim adaptation limit box value that tells you if the ECU thinks the engine is running lean or rich. This value is normally approx 1.0 plus or minus 0.5. Values greater than 1.0 mean excess air and the system is adding extra fuel. Values less than 1.0 means a rich condition and the system is reducing fuel. It does this by lengthening or shortening the injector pulse widths.

Too much air can be caused by an exhaust gasket leak giving a spurious Lambda reading, or by a ripped intake or a vacuum leak in the manifold.

Too rich can come from a faulty fuel pressure regulator, a leaky injector etc etc

On your car, this value will either be +0.5 or +.5 either side of this central 1.0 value - you cant tell which by looking at the above error 00561 codes - it just says that its exceeded it - not which way its exceeded it.

Hope this helps. :)

Jules

PMSL!!

Just wait for the picture post I'll make this coming weekend - did you not see that the inside of my VR at the RR day was packed to the roof with Corrado Speedline alloy wheels?!?

Cant wait cant wait!!

Jules

I thought you had some new alloys in the back of the vr towards the end of the day :D

Jules, cheers for the comments. I'm speaking to Vince tomorrow as he said the 00533 is the throttle body which is knackered & the 00533 fault is the main one, Vince said if these two are fixed the rest should go away &|

vr6faults.jpg

P.S. You know alot about the faults, did you write the software?

Jules' date=' cheers for the comments. I'm speaking to Vince tomorrow as he said the 00533 is the throttle body which is knackered & the 00533 fault is the main one, Vince said if these two are fixed the rest should go away &|

[/quote']

Yep - those MAF's are a darn nuisance.

P.S. You know alot about the faults' date=' did you write the software?[/quote']

hah - nah mate - (but you'd think so looking back at my answer!) - I just have a very unreliable car - and coupled with my own VAG-COM, I get to play about with it for real on a (sometimes) weekly basis....... :@

Jules

If I were to use an alternative fault code reader (such as the Gunsons version) would all the faults/fault codes be detected or is this only possible with the VagCom?

If so, any chance I could give jcorallo a list of codes for you to decipher?!? ;)

Cheers