As I haven't managed round to getting any nice winter wheels (am not putting the 15's back on) the polished lip on my wheels has been effected by all the rain. When I was reading the instructions on the autosol it didn't reccomend it for polished wheels. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

If they're not pitted I would have thought it'd shift it.

Just rub on in a circular motion with a clean cloth and you'll see the dirt coming out as black marks on the cloth and wheel. As soon as you get that far (won't take long) buff it up with another clean cloth and you're done.

I used to do my bike frame about two or three times a year and it always came up like a mirror. It helps protect the ally too so you're not constantly polishing them although wheels will get dirtier (brake dust, etc) than a frame.

pitted is where corrosion, ie salt or acids, has eaten into the top surface of the material causing a gritty feeling to touch. can be resolves if recent by polishing with metal compounds or if more serious by using abrasive materials in differing grades along with polishing compounds , to achieve the desired effect! or save yourself the effort if too bad and get them pro-refurbed!

Dub Weiser, go with Belgom polish that Ninja said, as I had the same problem i.e. no spiggots for my winter wheels so couldnt get them on- so had to run with my porker rims and they were really dull. Spent about an hour + on each one and they came up like they were before- shiny, shiny