Hi,

I've just purchased a Vr6 having owned two mk2 16v's, one standard and the other fitted with a 2.0 lump, cams etc....

So far, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the performance! However, I think that the handling leaves something to be desired. I have just purchased a set of Koni T/A shocks and a full set of Toyo T1's. As it's pretty damn cold at the moment and im busy at work, I havent got round to fitting them yet. Once these are fitted, will the handling be upto scratch? I chose not to get lowing springs as I dont want the choppy ride again, that I had with the mk2.

I'm also about to fit my ALpine Navi system. Is there a "speed pulse generator" fitted to this car (97P)? For anyone who doesnt know, its an electrical feed from the g'box to give an electrical indication of the speed of the wheels. Again ive not had the opportunity to look as ive been busy at work recently.

Another thing, where is the fault code connector located on the car? I asked the monkeys at the main dealer and they said they had no idea! Very fu12ing useful!!

Any help much appreciated.

Simon

Hi there and welcome.

I've got the t/a koni's with eibach springs. I also had a Mk2 previously with a lowering kit and wasn't sure whether to go down the same route again but I'm happy now with the handling. It is a bit "choppier" than standard but I got used to it in no time and would do the same again. The car handles much better now.

Can't help with the speed plus generator but I can tell you that the fault code connector is at the side of the ashtray. Take the ashtray completely out and slide the panel at the side towards the gap where the ashtray was.

Hope this helps.

the diagnostics port will be behind one of the blanks above the ash tray.

you're gonna need springs, dampers alone won't cure the poor o.e. handling. eibach springs are good ride quality, altho the comfiest uprated ones are gmax i suppose. either way, it won't be as harsh as the mkII with a kit.