supercharged Vr6 Spark Plug gap? need help ....

HI , put in some BKR5EKUP spark plugs in and i dont think they are gapped correctly as car spluttering now over 3k revs , been told the normal setting is 0.7 as standard but supercharged should be running 0.22 gap , is that correct?

tried search and did not get a good enough answer , car off road at moment...need to get it running asap

thanks

obd2 v9

well changed plugs back after a mission and car runs fine, but there is a big difference between the spark plugs new vs old , the old ones have a really small gap while the new ones are gapped 0.24 , the the prongs on the old ones are longer and have 3 while the new ones are shorted and only have 2....

HI ' date=' put in some BKR5EKUP spark plugs in and i dont think they are gapped correctly as car spluttering now over 3k revs , been told the normal setting is 0.7 as standard but supercharged should be running 0.22 gap , is that correct?

tried search and did not get a good enough answer , car off road at moment...need to get it running asap

thanks

obd2 v9

[/quote']

Try FR7KPP33.

• 2 weeks later...

Im running BKUR6ET-10. Apparently they are better for the vr as they perform better when hot. They are for the 2.0 16v gti. Icould be well wrong but i've never really had a problem with them and they're factory set at .040" but i'm more than willing to try the others. I'm assuming the other measurements are in inches rather than mm / cm?!?

• 3 years later...

Just searching through various forums trying to work out correct gapping measurement for my VR, but I am finding conflicting info! Got a stage 1 supercharger and just bought some NGK BKR7E plugs. I know Craggsy says above that he gapped his to 0.24 - was this using imperial units (so therefore 0.61mm in metric units)? Also, what stage charger was this on and does it make a difference to the recommended gap measurement? Help please!!

• 1 year later...

I run BKR7E in my charged VR.....and they are gapped to .24

Are they bkr7e 11? Only bkr7e's I can find are for a mid nineties Jag? I'm guessing it's just a revision number? Got 6 of the jag ones for £13 delivered from the bay.

What's the lifetime? Been reading and people are saying 6-10k at most?

Sorry to jack

S

BRK7E 11, are the same as BRK7E... just the 11's have bigger gap.

So if your going to gap them with feeler guage, your better off the BRK7E as it a smaller gap to start with.

If your not gapping them BRK7E with be ok with standard gap. BRK7E 11 will have to bigger gap for forced induction. So they will need gapping down.

Edited by c00k