Right, IVe got the cleaning bug, after helping wash my mates gti last week i wanna start doing mine myself :D

BUT, im not gunna get anal about it, and start buying top notch stuff, etc etc.

Jsut the satisfaction of doing it myself and it being slightly better than the Poles down the local supermarket.

What i intend to buy

Snow foam nozzle

Snow foam detergent

Chamois

turtle wax spray

Wonder Wheels

Microfibre mitt

Bucket

Car shampoo

wax cloth

What i intend to do

Snowfoam

Rinse

LAther with Mitt

Rinse

Chamois dry

Spray wax on

Rub wax off

Wonder wheel the alloys

SORTED :D

I think the most important part of a good finish is a paint cleaner/polish... if you don't want to go crazy on buying expensive products you'd be better off buying...

a cheapish shampoo, something like auto glym super resin polish and then a half decent wax to protect... doesn't have to cost a lot, if you wanted to go a bit further then adding a megs clay bar kit, some trim cleaner and tyre gel to that will make a big difference as well

Fisrtly id say do NOT buy a camois.... they are really really not a good thing to use... you should use a drying towel... you'll be amazed at how good they are this is the one i use... http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=427

Then if you're looking to use an after wash product thats cheap then id say use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, its cheap and easy to use and gives a great finish, i use that inbetween propa cleans to give my car a quick wash n polish and i recommend it highly.... these spray on waxes im not a mega fan to be honest... I would be inclined to use a sealer/glaze such as Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection - after the polish and not bother with wax unless you use a hard wax and they take a bit longer to apply...

The 3rd most important and easy to use product is Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care, can be used on tyres, bumper plastics, window trims, interiors, anything! even engine hoses.. its great stuff and makes a mega difference to a clean car. http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/autoglym-vinyl-and-rubber-care-15-off.php?manufacturers_id=11

Luckily Halfrauds have a 3 for 2 on Autoglym most of the time... so you will get all 3 items mega cheap....

So id say this is a quick simple and effective process...

Clean (2 bucket method)

Dry (with towel)

Polish (super resin)

Seal (Ultra gloss protection)

Trims (vinyl & rubber care)

Windows (any household window cleaner - i use http://www.laoffice.co.uk/pd/Janitorial/Cleaning-Products/Mr-Muscle-174495.htm)

That should take about 3-4 hours and will make your car look great and will last too...

^^ thanks guys,

Im not looking for a 3-4 hour jobby though!!! thats why i use the local hand wash cus it takes 10 minutes lol,

Im not gunna spend more than £60 on all the kit in the beginning

and will spend no more than an hour to and hour and a half cleaning it.

and yes halfruads will be where its all coming from as they have some good deals on at the moment :D

costing it up

Snow foam nozzle - £20

Snow foam detergent - £10

Chamois - £8

turtle wax spray - £7 <- get this free apaprently

Wonder Wheels - £8

Microfibre mitt - £10

Bucket - £3

Car shampoo - £7

wax cloth - £5

Water - parents can pay for :D

I have a snow foam lance and snow foam and they are not really worth the effort. Much better to take Nat's advice and the routine she has laid out as it is tried and tested and gives good results for the effort put in and cost. Snow foam really is a bit gimmicky IMO.

In that case laugh off the snow foam...

wash (£5 Shampoo)

dry (£15 Cloth)

super resin (£15)

trims and windows (£8)

Rough prices on stuff.... that will last you forever too as you clearly arent one to be out there every week. Will do the job though and keep the car lookin nice.

that can be done in an hour or 2 and is cheap and easy to do.

In that case laugh off the snow foam...

wash (£5 Shampoo)

dry (£15 Cloth)

super resin (£15)

trims and windows (£8)

Rough prices on stuff.... that will last you forever too as you clearly arent one to be out there every week. Will do the job though and keep the car lookin nice.

that can be done in an hour or 2 and is cheap and easy to do.

Lol i plan to do it every other week weather depending.

I want to spend enough time on it that it doesnt look half arsed

but not to much time i actually start to really detail it ready for a show n shine comp

i dont want to spend so little it makes it not worth it

but again not to much that it becomes a detail session instead of a good cleaning session

Im the man in the middle,

Your average joe rinses, shampoos, rinses and walks away

I want to prep, rinse, shampoo, rinse, wax

you guys, do all of mine plaus the extra mile in terms of detailing for super duper shine

If that all makes sense?

why are you bothereing nobody will notice... apart from a few old men ;-)

way over my head lol

I pay for a hand car wash and then use that autoglm resin polish,, in the red bottle. Then jet wash it every few days when it gets covered...

I really want to add a wax, something hard wearing and thats an improvement over nothing but not to bothered about been mega shiny??? and easy to add

washing cars is stressing.. my paints proper cock when i get close to it :(

way over my head lol

I pay for a hand car wash and then use that autoglm resin polish' date=', in the red bottle. Then jet wash it every few days when it gets covered...

I really want to add a wax, something hard wearing and thats an improvement over nothing but not to bothered about been mega shiny??? and easy to add

washing cars is stressing.. my paints proper cock when i get close to it :(

[/quote']

he's bought a Lexus :-) for some reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Is that why you keep yours clean H? :D:P

lol cheeky... but no... I just meant the lad would be wasting his time nobody cares about a clean Lexus apart from Grandads ;-)

Is that why you keep yours clean H? :D:P

lol cheeky... but no... I just meant the lad would be wasting his time nobody cares about a clean Lexus apart from Grandads ;-)

I know H. Just messing :)

People signing up to concourse type websites?