limited mileage insurance

Hey Guys,

Im thinking of buying either a 16v gti or VR6 on the super duper cheap, stripping and having for occasional summer fun and keeping in dry store rest of the time.

But i cant really afford to insure a second car,

can you get a seasonal or limited mileage insurance policy?

would do no mroe than 1000 miles a year at a guess,

Ive got a lexus IS220d as my daily and insurance on that is quite high, but want a fun car aswell ;-)

a vr is never cheap to buy, run and insure... you gotta think about tax at £105 6monthly.... insurance aint ever gonna be that cheap as you're fairly young arent you with a chequered history if i remember correctly.... even with a low milage policy you'll be payin a fair whack.... also you've got fuel to think of and also running issues as over time they do drain ya money even when not used often.....

but yeah, some insurers will do limited milage, but normally on a classic car.... and for over 25s... how old are you?

cant get it below £1500 anywhere, which for a car i plan to strip and practically make it worthless and then to only drive it 5/6 times a year doesnt make financial sense.

Was gunna get a weekend car and motorbike, but will stick with the motorbike for now :D