Hi,

I've just had my VR6 fail on emissions twice, the cat is a month or two old and the lambda is new last night. There car has a K+N and also the crank case valve is broken, new one tomorrow. Is there anything else that could be wrong with it, HT leads and plugs are a year old and the coil pack likes a good misfire when it's wet very rarely (4 times in two years).

any help or guidance as two who can guide me would be lovely, MOT's up on friday and I need the car for work for my 75 mile commute from Norwich everyday

Matt :)

Hi,

I think it was the CO2, should be below 0.20 and the lambda one should be 1.03 or below. Singularly these could be done, but not at the same time e.g 0.50 and 1.07 etc. Spent 2 hours on the ramps poking at it trying to get it through!!

Cheers for your replies so far.

CO is up to 0.20%

HC is up to 200ppm

Lambda is between 0.970 and 1,030

If exhaust was blowing it'd mess about with the lambda.. Running of the engine or misfire would mess with the CO and HC.

We sometimes find with MOT's that some cars just need a red-x chucked in the tank and a good thrash..

Easiest and cheapest thing to try.. but definitely can make a big difference.

Hi, I've chucked some red-x stuff through it and a tank of V-power, going quicker now.

I've got a new MAF sensor to pick up as well as the car stalls if you don't give it some beans when started (done this for years so forgot about it!)

I'll get it MOT'd tomorrow as it's up at the end of today.

If it doesn't work it will be on fire :)

Yuchy, car is still failing now just on the Lambda, it's shot up to 1.09!

With a new MAF when it's hot when it starts it stalls still. Clive Atthowe have it at the moment, very scary taking it somewhere to be fixed, not something I normally do...

LPG soon so no more emissions testing :)