Sent my wheels off for a mk4 anni style refurb **Wheels now back**

Looking at my wheels even after a good clean they are in pretty corroded and bad shape, and the whole centres are absolutely buggered, beyond repair, the dishes are either bent or dented, the cantre bolts are peeling too and the centre caps are delaminating, so they are being replaced with new ones, dishes, centre bolts and centre caps all with brand new.

These were sent off yesterday to be refurbed.

100_1389.jpg

100_1388.jpg

100_1386.jpg

100_1384.jpg

Check the HEL braided hose peeking out behind the disc

100_1385.jpg

They are going off to a place called aerocoat in great yarmouth for their special aeromax finish. I wanted a polished effect like the mk4 GTI anniversary wheels and these guys seem to be the closest finish.

The BBS RC wheels are prone to corrosion, on the stock BBS finish the laquer lifts easily and corrodes the polished face quickly.

Aeromax is actually a powder coat finish so will be a lot tougher, speaking to them i think its a 5 stage process, basically they strip the wheel right back to bare metal, galvanise the wheel, zinc coat it some more then powder coat it then a heavy layer of clear powdercoat to finish.

The finish behaves pretty much exactly what i was looking for. In high light they are a bright polished finsh but in low light they only reflect off the surfaces which gives them a lot of added depth. Seeing as my car is looking pretty mean and moody i think they will compliment each other quite well.

Some BBS RC wheels that have been refurbed by aerocoat.

These 2 appear a lot darker than they are as they are inside, the only decent pics i could find of them without tyres

resized3-13.jpg

resized4-9.jpg

Stock finish

DSC00209.jpg

Aeromax finish

DSC00241.jpg

refurb4.jpg

refurb5.jpg

3.jpg

So those will be going off for a redo next week, along with the new centre dishes and centre bolts so the colour match is perfect

100_1390.jpg

100_1391.jpg

All pack up nice and safe and off to aerocoat

100_1393.jpg

When they come back they will have new plastic threads as the original ones are starting to crack

100_1392.jpg

and new carbon fibre BBS centre caps

100_1395.jpg

100_1396.jpg

So for now its back to the stock wheels, which after the 17s i dont like much... it just looks wrong to me

100_1410.jpg

Its sump frighteningly low now too, i caught it on a speed bump yesterday, only glanced it, no damage.

My 6 month old bengal cant even get under it at the front, so he chose to stay out in the rain lol

100_1411.jpg

ETA back is 3 or so weeks, I said no rush to them cos they said if they dont have to do them quick they can knock the price right back £260 all in including courier costs

Even though i said dont worry about them no rush, they still knocked them out in 3 days for me, which i thought was very good

To say im pleased with how they turned out is an understatement.

The finish is exactly what i wanted aswell, they arent a mirror chrome finish more high polished or diamond cut without the score marks, they glint like diamond cut wheels too. In sunlight they brighten right up almost chromey, but in low light they go very shadowy and dark.

100_1430.jpg

100_1431.jpg

100_1432.jpg

While they were all stripped down i weighed them too, not heavy at all

100_1429.jpg

I spent hours last night giving them 2 thorough coats of chemical guys wheel guard to give them a good coat of protection, orange fingers to prove!

I just hope the tyre monkeys dont mark em putting the tyres back on :\

ETA back is 3 or so weeks' date=' I said no rush to them cos they said if they dont have to do them quick they can knock the price right back £260 all in including courier costs

[/quote']

There you go... he already said!! :):)

Looks good mate :) :)

ended up costing me 280 in the end all together.

It is a discounted price, the standard price is about 350 shipped back to you. The gaffers name is adam and he seems to love sorting out forum boys so if you did say you saw my (luke) BBS RC for my VR6 and im sure he'd do the same price.