HELP PLEASE, vr6 turbo will not start :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rang the guys at c2 motorsport this morning, explained my situation and they said that they can put my chip onto another ecu for 38 quid! cant moan at that at all, so gotta get a new ecu, ((if anyone has one that works (obd2) let me know) then send my ecu and the new ecu off to them, ill let you know when i get it done and if it works

I'd this same problem the other week as I'm sure C2 will also tell you. Don't know what it was but it cured itself after I checked all the connections on the back of the fuse box, ecu and engine master plug. I wasn't getting fuel or spark though.

Worth having a fiddle with all the connections all the same.

• 1 month later...

BIG NEWS!! The car is now working and the problem is solved :D It turned out that the c2 chip had worked its way loose off my ecu, because whoever fitted it fitted it upside down! so over time going over speed bumps etc its worked its way loose with gravity pulling it down. I bought a new ecu and everything lol. Had a grin from ear to ear when we got it started before :D cylinder 1 was tapping when i started it but my mate said its because its been stood for 2 months so put oil in before we started it but it did tap anyway so took the rocker cover off and poured abit of oil directly onto it and its fine now.

Anyone know the answer to this though... had this problem since ive had the car really. If ive been giving the car some and i turn the car off once i get to wherever i get to ( after leaving it running for a few minutes to cool down abit) then go to start it about 10 minutes or so later, it wont start. It just turns over but doesnt fire up. There is a spark though and the car doesnt run shitty when it starts???

it could be heat soak but as you say that you let it cool down for a few mins i doubt a turbo timer is gonna help, fitting one can aslo invalidate your insurance as it i possable to leve your car runing and unatended

just drive the last couple of miles off boost this should cool it down enough

i did hear that on mid engined cars is is posable for the fuel to vaporise due to the heat maybe worth building a heat shield round the turbo

I'm not turbo'd but I am charged and I have a similar problem. Sometimes I can turn the car for 7-10 seconds and it won't start but the next time I try it fires straight up. My engine bay seems to feel a lot hotter than my earlier VR with the charger on it. Do the later OBD2 engines run any hotter than earlier OBD1 engines? My fans kick in quite a lot even though I have a low temp. thermostat fitted. I've not checked if there's a low temp. switch in the radiator yet but would it be worth fitting one?

My car is very reluctant to start when hot, but i can adjust the hot start fueling so it does, because i run emerald management.

You can buy various bits to lag fuel lines etc off of the bay, you could also try to prime your fuel system twice before starting your car (turn ignition on until the fuel pump stops, then repeat before starting).

My car is very reluctant to start when hot' date=' but i can adjust the hot start fueling so it does, because i run emerald management.

You can buy various bits to lag fuel lines etc off of the bay, you could also try to prime your fuel system twice before starting your car (turn ignition on until the fuel pump stops, then repeat before starting).

[/quote']

my fuel pump only started when my engines turning over.. means its on for about 3 seconds before it starts. but starts first time after its been running..

guessing its ment to turn on on the 2nd stage of it ignition? is there something wrong with it you recon?

The fuel pump should prime when ignition is on, then come on again while cranking and stay on once engine is started.

If you don't have any problems then i'd leave it mate, wiring can be a pain sometimes.... :-)

Calico do you think there is a good chance that buying the 2 recommendations of yours will stop the problem im having from happening? because it comes to a few hundred quid, im willing to buy the stuff if it will be better for my car