Spadam's vr6 build thread (For Sale)

That would be nice. Bit annoyed on way home tho put my foot to the floor next to a mondeo with exhaust, alloys etc and i could only just keep with him. Wat the hell. It was an R reg couldnt see if it was a 2.5 v6 i hope so but even still the old ones are only 170bhp something cant be right with my car?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took it on a trip to centre parcs in sherwood forest. Managed 37mpg on the way back averging about 70mph. Still got a really annoying rattle noise coming from inside cabin sounds like its underneath the seat now. Really starting to bug me anyone got any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been gathering a few bits up lately ready for winter. So far i have brought:

2 x wishbones to be sprayed in white

2 x calipers

and brake pads.

Need to get my self some

Disks

brake lines

exhaust

and reapir rust patches and remove plastic side skirt things.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my exhaust has arried so will try and get it fitted this weekend. Just need some new exhaust mounts. Also anyone no if the Audi TT brake lines fit a mk3 vr6 288mm calipers.

sorry Adam I should have asked... I have two yellow power flex exhaust mounts left over it needed 4 (2 still on the car) ... http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-details/Exhaust+Mounts/981.html do you want them? £5 inc postage

• 2 weeks later...

Got a collection of parts sat in my garage now. Got my exhaust and new poly mounts, New wishbones which i need to replace with polybishes, new freshly painted calipers, new pads, braided brake lines, and soon some brake disks. Time to get busy will get some pics up shortly also.

As promised some pics of the bits i have accumalted recently.

IMAG0132.jpg

New set of pads i recieved also have a spare set ready for Nurburgring next easter.

IMAG0130.jpg

Set of goodridge stainless steel brake hoese to suit my new calipers

IMAG0127.jpg

New calipers freshly painted in hamerite white to match the rears and also my new wishbones :-d

IMAG0128.jpg

My wishbones with fresh coat of paint, Paul has kindly told me he will press out my old bushes and press in my new polybishes once they turn up. Cheers mate.

IMAG0129.jpg

Magnex cat back exhaust sytem which i brouhgt of Helen. Also have new exhaust mounts to go on. This is getting fitted and the team south meet on the 20th.

Got a rear anti roll bar which tony is picking up for me and dropping off to the meet on the 20th.

Also have new disks but forgot to take a picture of them just need time to fit all this now want it all on by the new year.

So if anyone fancies poping round one weekend to give me a hand that would be great. Exhaust is being done next weekend but still got calipers, disks, pads and brake hoses. Rear anti roll bar and wishbones.