Spadam's vr6 build thread (For Sale)

Bet they smell nice' date=' can't beat fresh rubbery smell in the home!!! :-)

[/quote']

Smells great esspecially sat in my room. Did got an odd look from the missus today tho.

I bet! Bet she loved seeing them!

Lol no not really still got coilovers to arrive and few other little bits haha. Oh well its got to be done. managed to sell my standard vr6 bbs wheels so that will pay for some of it.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coilovers should be arriving tuesday ready for next weekend. Managed to wash my car today and painted my brake calipers white.

Guy came round and brought my old bbs wheels and i managed to sell him my aircon parts when he got round aswell which is a bonus. Then even better as he was about to leave he asked if i wanted a set of goodridge brake lines for my vr6 for free. So i snapped them up lol.

Only problem is that i think they are for the earlier models with 280mm brakes so dont think they will fit.

Pic of brake lines

IMAG0045.jpg

On way back home i poped to gsf and brought 2 new top mounts and bearings ready for when coilovers go on.

IMAG0046.jpg

i got my yoko's for about that much and i got a mate who put mine on which cos me £30 !!

What size tho as mine are 16s which seem to be an expensive size to buy for it was £10 cheaper to buy the same tyres in 17inch.

mine are 15" but you are right 16" seems to be the more expensice tyre alloy but think its the best size for the vr6

Cheers people starting to take place now. Gav u wana try and restore it mate u no u wana lol. Paul when ur free one weekend could you show me how u fitted ur seats did u modify ur seat frames to take buckets or buy the subframes. Do u fancy giving me a hand sometime when i get a set of seats.

Cheers people starting to take place now. Gav u wana try and restore it mate u no u wana lol. Paul when ur free one weekend could you show me how u fitted ur seats did u modify ur seat frames to take buckets or buy the subframes. Do u fancy giving me a hand sometime when i get a set of seats.

Sure mate, passenger seat is fixed, on 25mm box, drivers seat is on a modded vr seat.

Just give me a bell mate :-)

So any1 no a local place tht would fit my tyres cheaply. Need to get 4 wheel alingment after aswell.

I got my tyres fitted at chessington tyres in bordon, but thats cause there local ish to work, why not try denmead tyres Adam, they do the laser alignment too.

call hillsea tyres mate, it'll cost ya about 20-30 quid to fit ya tyres and balance em, i got 2x 195-45-15 toyo proxy's for my fronts 60 quid the pair fitted and balanced, but you'llhave to check if they got stick on weights, i just let em use smash ons coz my rims are shagged

Rang hilsea tyres and they quoted £40 to fit and balance 4 tyres then £20 for tracking and camber adjustment. £60 in all which seems a fair price to me. Going to get coilovers and wishbone bushes done this weekend then tyres fitted shortly after.

Quick pic of coilovers before they get fitted. Guna do top mounts at same time as coilovers but may go buy some track rod ends, ball joints and wishbone bushes to do at same time. Could pop into gsf one night this week if its worth doing.

IMAG0049.jpg

Just hottunning ones. They sell two types ones with blue springs and ones with red springs. Apparently the red spring coilovers and better quality with thicker galvanised finish. Seem good to me and i haggled with them and payed £165 delivered. So guna try them out for that price.

carefull you dont go too far down on the rear's mate, i had hottunning ones and the rears were rock solid, im talking bone shakingly hard, try to drop the rear but just 40mm, the fronts however can be run so the springs are just captured by the locking rings and will give you 60+ drop

they will stiffen up ok, the front of mine is nice and tight and really good feed back through the steering but not to stiff that it bangs and crash's about. but i've added a nice thick strut bar at the front too and that completely changed the way the car cornered

cant remember the make but it was only cheap from u/d a coule of yrs ago. its about an inch wide and 1/2 inch thick flat oval, fitting took about an hour, including trimming off the excess panel gunk on the suspension towers they use when building the car and doing 3 or 4 trial fittings to get the length and location exactly right.

if ya pop round one evening next week i can show you. also if your thinking of changing track rod ends and what not, get some anti roll bar drop links, they are only cheap

• 2 weeks later...