Spadam's vr6 build thread (For Sale)

Bout time i started a build thread on here.

Well i brought the car january 2009 and this is what it looked like when i picked it up.

19042009119.jpg

Took it home and gave it a good old wash and wax and it looked much better

DSCF1054.jpg

Saved a little bit of money up and got my custom cat back exhaust fitted with just one back back. Nice and loud with popping and burble on overrun.

DSCF1060.jpg

Found out shortly after that i was loosing coolant turned out my headgasket had gone and also my radiator. Got on the phone to jkm who fitted a new headgasket along with top end rebuild and full service.

After everything was sorted i saved some more money and brought myself a BMC and a set of red samco hoses aalong with dubpower HT leads.

DSCF1171.jpg

Had all new engine and gearbox mounts fitted along with solid front engine mount made by paul cheers mate.

Im off to get my chains and clutch done by tony this weekend also guna remove the old heavy air con as i never use it. so thats anouther problem of the list then to start spending some more on modifications.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

list of mods that have been done and what im hoping to get done this year if money permits.

So far:

Headgasket, valves, vale stem seals, skim - April 2009

Cat back exhaust system - March 2009

Bmc induction kit - June 2009

Samco hoses - January 2010

Ht leads - December 2009

Spark plugs - April 2009

Solid front engine mounts and new gearbox and rear engine mounts - Febuary 2010

Chains, guides, tensioners - March 2010

Clutch - March 2010

Aircon removed - March 2010

Coilovers

Bushes

Spray wishbones hamerite white

Spray calipers hamerite white

Clean wheels and new tyres

4 wheel alignment

Stainless exhaust

Braided brake lines

New disks and pads

To do:

Decat - Christmas period

Oil cooler/ heater exchange delete

Aero wiper blades

Steering wheel and hub

Schimmel 263 cams

Rotrex supercharger or turbo and all necessary parts required.

list of mods that have been done and what im hoping to get done this year if money permits.

So far:

Headgasket' date=' valves, vale stem seals, skim - April 2009

Cat back exhaust system - March 2009

Bmc induction kit - June 2009

Samco hoses - January 2010

Ht leads - December 2009

Spark plugs - April 2009

To do:

Chains, guides, tensioners - March 2010

Clutch - March 2010

Braided brake lines

New disks and pads

Coilovers

Bushes

Powder coat wishbones white

Clean wheels and new tyres

4 wheel alignment

Stainless exhaust and decat

Oil cooler/ heater exchange delete

Aero wiper blades

Steering wheel and hub

Schimmel 263 cams

Hid lights

powder coat few parts and components white

Supercharger rotrex or turbo and all necessary parts required.

[/quote']

And a solid front engine mount mate ;-) Nice car btw! :-) :-)

Few more pics of when i was up tonys last weekend

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

Had my chains and tensioners replaced, new clutch fitted, new engine oil and fillter and new gearbox oil.

All my aircon was removed aswell to save some weight and seems as i never use it i thought why not so its all for sale in the for sale sections.

Got a few little bits i wana do this weekend like spray my front and rear badges white. Got 2 new wishbones coming which will be sprayed white and fitted with polybushes ready to be fitted with coilovers. Just need to get some polybushes for rear beam or do i go for solid rear beam bushes from vibra technic.

Thats wat im thinking just saw the solid ones the other day but there £160 and say that they can cause serious lift off oversteer so best suited to track use. Polybushes it is then just need to find somewhere to get some wishbones bushes and rear beam bushes. just guna replace the front and rear top mounts with standard i think.

• 4 weeks later...

My new tyres have arrived today just waiting on coilovers then gota go and collect my new track rod ends, ball joints and wishbone bushes.

IMAG0041.jpg

Going to paint my calipers white and wishbones black at the time of fitting new parts.

Got them for £150 delivered which wasnt to bad. Just need to find somewhere that will fit them for me at reasonable price. You no any where local.

I've got a mate in Hedge end with a tyre fitting place. Kev could do them for you....

Or try local places as it shouldn't cost much.

Have you got a link for where you got the tyres from?

i got my yoko's for about that much and i got a mate who put mine on which cos me £30 !!

What size tho as mine are 16s which seem to be an expensive size to buy for it was £10 cheaper to buy the same tyres in 17inch.

Got them for £150 delivered which wasnt to bad. Just need to find somewhere that will fit them for me at reasonable price. You no any where local.

I've got a mate in Hedge end with a tyre fitting place. Kev could do them for you....

Or try local places as it shouldn't cost much.

Have you got a link for where you got the tyres from?

Yea that would be great mate. Just want a local place that fits them fairly cheap. So if you no someone that would be good.

To websites i looked at that had very simmilar prices were

http://www.camskill.co.uk/

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/195-45-16-NANKANG-NS2-84-V-195-45-16-SET-OF-FOUR-TYRES_W0QQitemZ180491816031QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Tyres_RL?hash=item2a06268c5f

Ebay seller: the all new tyre

Just try typing in the tyre size you want into ebay some good bargains to be had.