Chugging SC VR6 - not running on all cylinders

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I have got a really bad miss fire on mine tonight , been outside with the water bottle and its arcing pretty good , how do i seal it up a little mini guide would be great and what stuff do i need to seal it with also , are they easy to get off ?? help please !!

Dan mate if you mean your coilpacl, then it's easy remove it from the car get some plastic epoxy two part glue. Have a good look all over it for any cracks and then cover them in the glue :) It's worse if you look and cant see any cracks as that means its broken down inside one of the coils which you cant fix :(

Nice one , thanks mate , it's going in for it's full service on Monday but hope I don't have to spend out on a new coil pack but my leads are arcing over the plugs as well so Lots of parts ordered today ! Glad it's happened now and not in Germany ! See ya soon mate

sorry for cuttin in here but mine is runnin Shite but only when he is warmed up to runnin temp. then not firing on all cylinders. tried the spraying no sparks,all leads are fitted nothing loose. do i just buy a coilpack and hope that's it or could there be anything else?

Miss fire sorted , compression test on number 6 down to 50 then re tried again and is now 140 ish consistent , plug was all burnt and knackered , replaced plugs and all good ! hope there was no underlying fault there but shes running good now all the rest of the bits to sort out !!