Vr6 24v racecar help needed- please!

Hi all, I need some help sorting out the mess that is my Vento Racer. Basically, the wiring is a state and it's taken me a month to get this far:

The car has been fitted with a 24v and six-speed and is running with some slightly odd modifications. I can't tell what is original VR6 and what is a bolt-on. The whole car had a complete wiring loom in with all connectors and even the immobiliser transponder still fitted. It has been seriously bodged and I've spent weeks sorting it out. I removed the entire car loom and unpicked every single wire and cut out the things we won't use. I've done about 10kg of trim and wiring!

I have rewound the smaller loom and fitted some Mil-spec connectors as I get them cheap. I have added the things I needed, sucH as switches for rain lights etc, and today got as far as starting. This is where the problems began...

The engine will crank off the start button but doesn't run. As we have upgraded the fuel pump I ran a new wire for it, connected into the original loom. When the ignition is on, the fuel pump doesn't run and there is no voltage from the loom wire. Is this right? The pump won't run even if I stick 12v onto it but I think this is due to a bad earth so isn't related. Does the fuel pump get it's power trigger from the ECU or not? How do I trace it?

I have no wiring diagram- I bought a shoddy eBay PDF but it's rubbish and has no wiring diagrams. I the Vento manual I have has distinctly different fuse boxes and doesn't even mention the fuel pump.

I am not sure I've cured the immobiliser either, there are some suspicious connectors and a black box I can't identify. Pictures to help you identify what I mean:

• 5 years later...