track day brakes?? what discs and pads

I will be looking into the 312 conversion next year but this year due to costs I just want a decent standard replacement set up. Plus the above post is not the first I have heard about them being not much better than standard.

What could you do the conversion for. Cost wise.

Are red stuff over speced for what I want. It won't be used on road apart from driving to the track day

The jump from 280s to 312s is amazing as its not just disc size that is changing its also pad size.

Whereas the jump from 288s to 312s is not as good as its only disc size changing as the pad is the same pad used on 288s and 312s.

Personally I could feel the difference between the 288s and 312s when i first put em on

Well roughly putting a tape across the discs they do look like 280mm not 288 which I thought. so do the complete set up change, 280mm have one size pad 288 have another (and same as TT) ??

I can get a set of Mintex that are in between the red and yellow EBC. and from same guy he can do me a set of 6 HEL hoses for about £65 pads are cheaper than EBC and he assures me will out last a set of reds.

looking in to discs from him and they are around £40 each fronts grooved waiting a price on rears

Talking standard here and on the road. My mate has a VR Corrado with 280s and my Golf VR has the 288s. Even after he fitted new discs and pads F&R, the Golf brakes feel much more powerful. Seems there is a fair difference. Don't know about 312s, not tried them.