vibra technic gearbox mount...then whine!!

fitted one of those vibra technics gb mount as the vw one was a bit pants. fitted all fine, easy job tighted all the bolts up sweet i thought! ran the car up the road 100% better gear change nice and tight but now the gear box is making a whine(from the word go) should it do this as the mount is harder or does anyone elses do this?? i new that it might vibrate a bit but why is it making the g box whine? oh and the g box had no whine before i put the v t mount on! could some one get back to me on this as its a bit of a worry. thanks in advance lee

so you have a slop box too !!i found parts for a mk1/mk2 but not the 3 there must be something as most cars there are upgrade kits (kids scooter wheel bearings of all things). think its the only thing that ruins the drive cos its as smooth as a peach other wise.

yeah my"her" changes are fine,nice and quick and positive but just lacks that "springy" feel and like you say it needs to be shorter a short shifter would be nice but being my ladies car im sure i would get moaned at like im getting it in the ear for the upgraded mounts but i told her the engine would blow up if i didnt put them on lol:) dont think she belived me...?! just hope that whine is down to the new vt gb mount!