VDO Gauges

Bearing in mind that I am a complete novice. I would like to install 3 VDO gauges. I know where I will put the gauges in the car but need help in choosing the right ones to make an easy install.

1st, Oil pressure gauge, Can I get one that will splice to a original sender on top of the oil filter housing?

Right, regarding oil temp...I will leave that to the MFA. Water temp is indicated on the clocks (well, sort of)

So 2nd, Volt meter (naff, i know)

3rd, Lambda, Air/Fuel mixture...I know this one will be a bit expencive if I want a good one.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

1. There is no oil pressure sender, there is 2 pressure switches, high and low. When you buy an oil pressure gauge it should come with the sender and possible a t piece.

2. Should be easy enough to fit, never fitted 1 myself!

3. Should come with intsructions, but basically splices into the wires that are on the lambda, live, earth, and the signal.

I have seen a few audi vdo gauges...some with senders some without.

Will a 0-5bar oil pressure be enough or would i need 0-10bar?

If I get a complete set with/without senders could i the get all the necessary parts at a reasonable price?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you need a 10bar gauge and if you get a twin pole sender and replace the low pressure switch with the twin pole, 1 for gauge 1 for low pressure switch, you will still retain the low oil light function on the dash.

M10x1 thread pitch and 0.5bar low pressure switch is the one you need

VDO do both, best to get a matched set