• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man after driving the VR on sunday its so much more involving than the A3, in that it really just drives to your destination, in the VR you do a whole lot more driving, its much more fun. Old skool.

My central locking pump has been sounding like it was slowly dying a death for quite some time now. It would moan and groan on every time I would unlock the car, only unlocking, locking was fine. I ch

Yes mostly expensive downs, look on the bright side, when you've replaced everything it'll be pretty much a brand new car as a sum of it's parts, then hopefully a good few years of trouble free (ish)

Lol thanks mate it's always nice to hear compliments on my pride and joy lol I have to say I don't leave my fiancé out in the rain though lol

Fiancé now, congrats man! About 9 pages ago it was your girlfriend!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

MOT is due and what with this stupid f*cking "airbag light so I have to have a working airbag" rule I got myself a mk3.5 leather 3 spoke wheel, I've reconditioned the leather and now it feels and looks awesome, it was a right sack of shit when it turned up!

Just need to get 3 slightly longer screws for the airbag/indicator cancel slip ring and its ready to go on. I actually like it more than I thought I would.

IMG_0117_zpse1d95ad8.jpg

I used pretty much everything on it just to get the grime off, there was like brown muck all over it, it'd obviously been sat probably within open door in a breakers somewhere, the airbag unit was shagged and I got another one, handy aside, a normal mk4 airbag fits.

Once it was basically clean I then gave it a few rounds of auto glym leather cleaner until no more nasty shite came off, then smothered it in auto glym leather balm.

The instructions on the bottle say to rub it in and only leave it for a few mins but this didn't do much, I covered it in the stuff like you would ice a cake and left it for half an hour and it soaked it all in, then buffed like crazy and every time the cloth was grey/black move to a clean bit.

The balm takes a day or so to come out so just buffed it again a couple of times in a day, now it feels soft and grippy and awesome.

I don't have a before shot but if you didn't rope it to your waste and do a mudbog assault course yours looks already way better.

Edited by Lukey.
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bought an 8P A3 TDI.

I was using the VR as my business vehicle too and people just weren't getting it, they were all thinking more like, you mustn't be any good you're driving a 17 year old car.

The fuel was also getting to be an issue.

I cant keep both so I have to.

Edited by Lukey.

I have bought an 8P A3 TDI.

I was using the VR as my business vehicle too and people just weren't getting it, they were all thinking more like, you mustn't be any good you're driving a 17 year old car.

The fuel was also getting to be an issue.

I cant keep both so I have to.

I had the same problem so I bought the same car- 8p1 A3 Tdi which ran perfectly for 2 years all around the UK until I bought my current petrol S-Line!

Now I switched to creating and selling digital products I don't have to go anywhere on business so I can get away with an older car now!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Absolute pigs ear of a job if you have aircon. Ots the last few steps that having aircon is a cirse, all gets in the way.

I done all exceept the very last step of ooening the casing of the heater matrix, then sent it to a garage whi done put the new one in and put the dash back for me, that way I saved a ton in labour costs and bought my own part.

130 max I think. And I got it returned all done and dusted.

Labelled the wireing and parts and screws for them. Didnt take long.