Its a crankcase breather valve mate....

Crank case breather valve:-

7364573 (ford part no)

Cheaper to buy from Ford, mine has been broken for a year now, its not a problem.... ive just not had time to fit the new one i got over a month ago!! lol

I got mine off a forum member who had removed theirs when they installed a ram air induction kit, they used to be about £20 odd from Ford, but its prob gone up now. If you get it from VW it comes with the other piping attached that you dont need and used to be over £70 so best to try Ford first. :)

VW do the crank breather seperately now too, just ordered it used to only be the kit but seems they have seen the advantage ford have with their Sharan equivalent - Galaxy - part no. is 7M0128101. 5 min job to fix it too. Have to do mine as the motor is in with Stealth next week for the remap/chip....yeehaa

same price, rang both this morning, suppose it just depends which is closest or which has it in stock. My VW dealer make you pay for the part before you order it where as Ford were happy to order it straight in then pay on collection. i guess it is which ever is easiest for your good self