Hi

Another day and another new problem!

Car idles although is quite juddery but when revved tons of smoke comes out black from the exhaust but its clear on idle? There is no power to it. I have just done head gasket and had head rebuilt. I also replaced coil pack and ht leads and noticed one ht lead is knackered can see it earthing on the head. Apart from crap ht leads i cant think of anything else that would make it loose power? I replaced all gaskets and o rings and while engine was out converted it to manual. I have been rebuilding it for some time and everytime i think its done something else goes wrong.

Could it just be a bad set of HT leads?

All advice welcome

Thanks in advance

Brian

Can the ecu go in to a safe mode? i have noticed oil pressure light flashing as i think i've connected the sensors back up wrong although oil is gray but not loosing coolant and oil level not rising but will flush it but does sound tappety from top end although this was just rebuilt. Just trying to work out methodicaly?

Right oil changed and filter swapped oil pressre plugs round no more beeping or light for oil pressure!! Disconnected maf while car was running and it ran way better. A phone to stealer and pick one up tomorrow so after 7 months my VR should be back on the road! Fingers crossed! Thanks for the help as always sites like this are a life line!

So cheers everyone!