this forum software...

Why, can you not go to the last unread post....or get an indicator to show you've posted in a particular thread...or go to the same forum section after posting instead of "general malarkey" from the go button....or go to your post after posting....?

i mean when you post in a thread, then it reappears later, theres no indicator to show you posted in that thread, nor can you jump to the first unread post in a thread. If its say, 5 pages and you read the first 3, then when you go back, you gotta find where you stopped reading...php bb is much better to use. And the go button after posting should take you back to the forum section you were in, not just to malarkey, or have to scan down the expanded list to find the sub section you were reading!

its fappin annoying as hell ;)

Also, like when I posted this, it jumped to the first post in the thread, not to the latest one I did, so you have to scroll thru till you come to it, easy on a short thread, not so in a longer one.

This is well confusing.... if you want to see what you've posted and where you click 'my posts' if you want to see new things that have been posted you click 'new posts' i cant see why its such an issue.... it seems well straightforward to me. as for thread tracking, if you keep losing your place and cant keep up with the replies then just click 'track thread' and it will email you when there is a reply.... if there is 20 odd replies you click the first one and you will go to that and read from there.... simples.

You need to be a bit clearer on your issues if there are any, its how this forum has worked for 6 years now!

There are plan to do some work on the forums, but we are talking at least 6 motnhs away as I need to do alot of DB schema changes before the front end goes on.

currently it works, its simple, there are some members on here who are 50+ and may not be tech-savvy like you and I.

it just works, and yes the website uses sessions, and not cookies as they are insecure :)

you need to use the website more if you are not used to it ;)

I've been running forums for over 10 years now, and PHPBB is crap, invisionboard aint too bad, but there are no plans to move away from the current website backend due to all the integration with other code ive put in over the years - it will simply improve over time, but as i say, we are talking over 6 months + before anyone sees any improvments in the forum area :)

Pete