Stealth Racing Turbo Kit discussion

I got the oppertunity to take an edition 30 out for a spin at work a few weeks back. This was completely standard. I wasn't overly impressed. It didn't feel very torquey until you got the revs built right up and on boost. Then it went well. It drove just like a tdi..The power delivery seemed very boring, the engine was very quiet with no real excitement about it... I would prefer a totally standard vr6 compared to one...... Just wasn't for me.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iv had an exciting week. It's back. Had a call from stealth last Friday to say it's ready. I rushed down and picked it up on the sat. When I got there Vince and John showed me around the car exp

It is absolutely brilliant! Still using any excuse just to go out and drive the thing some blurb and pics: For the benefit of some who asked about the stealth turbo: Firtly, I must say the level o

Here are some pictures of the pipework. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/cactusjackslade/ijpg

Posted Images

In my opinion

The problem with the 1.8t/2.0t is that as standard they have low comp which is normal as turbo motors go

So off boost they do feel a bit gut less

The vr has more displacement to help have more torqur off boost

Key is to have high compression and have the charge air as cold as possible and focus on the dynamic compression ratio with cam choice

Excess Heat kills engines

Once again engines with vvt can make awesome amounts of power throughout the Rev range

Sorry to jack but I don't have anything better to do lol

• 1 month later...

Iv had an exciting week. It's back. Had a call from stealth last Friday to say it's ready. I rushed down and picked it up on the sat.

When I got there Vince and John showed me around the car explaining what had been done.. The install looks great. As close to factory looking as you will get. You can tell a lot of time, effort and attention to detail has gone into the kit. The intercooler and pipe work are very stealthy. Vince started it up and the car settled into a perfect idle, the custom exhaust note suggests that there is something special about the car but isn't too loud or shouty.. Perfect! Vince told me to take it for a spin but warned me to be careful lol.

I turned out of stealth straight behind a horse box.. Argg typical lol. I followed it for a few minutes at 30mph and the car drove just as before. However as soon as the horsebox turned off there was clear road ahead.. To be honest I needed an airfield... Now I have driven some fast cars 400bhp plus in the past but nothing that has felt like what happened next.. I gave it the full steam ahead command.. In a split second I felt the front end of the car raise slightly followed by a noise that sounded like a jet plane charging the runway, at that I was catapulted down the road, it was brutal. I shifted into third as the recirc valve gave a snarling chatter, i kept my foot planted the front tyres gave up trying to hold on as I lit them up.. I looked down and I was nearing 100mph at that I backed off.. The car had so much more to give. I got back and my face must have said it all as Vince and John just chuckled.

I was told the car is capable of 400hp but I asked for it to be set around 360hp as that would be more than enough for me.. It made 375bhp and about the same in toque.. It feels more like 500bhp lol.

I will get some pics up of the install soon... But cannot recommend this conversion enough.

Edited by cactusjackslade

Well, if ever there was a review that was going to make you think seriously about buying something, it's right there!

I almost got a coat hanger reading that!

Great review cactusjack!

Strange that I can never find a coat hanger when I need one ;) lol

Lol cheers bealieboy, but I can now see why people are turboing vr's and if you don't want to or haven't got facilities to do it yourself then I would recommend stealths kit. I haven't driven it since the weekend what with work.. Can't wait to get in it again. Will try and get some pictures up sat. :)

Edited by cactusjackslade

I've always stayed away from turbos and gone with superchargers instead, I don't know why, i think it is the 'whine' they make, but, after reading this this thread i am tempted. All i need to do now is come up with the world's best sale's pitch for the wife on 'why' I need a VRT. I was looking at R32 two but i alway end up back looking at the VR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah standard Edition 30s are mapped very flat.  Remapped, completely different animal and VERY fast.

Yeah Stealth's demo car made 360hp from 9psi iirc.  My own build made 392hp from 11psi (GT35R).  Why is that so hard to believe?  You take a standard VR6 engine that makes 200hp from one atmosphere.  Force another atmosphere in and you get another 200hp.  Seems fairly logical to me and the dyno plots seem to back that up, but some engines make more from less, especially if you factor in cams and more aggressive tuning.

• 1 month later...

They've got they reasons I suppose

I would like a full kit bought so I can fit myself, but it was only to make it easier lol

If I had a spare 5k it let them fit one for me but I haven't lol so I'm going to have to stockpile the parts until I have them all haha

They've got they reasons I suppose

I would like a full kit bought so I can fit myself, but it was only to make it easier lol

If I had a spare 5k it let them fit one for me but I haven't lol so I'm going to have to stockpile the parts until I have them all haha

I'm doing it the same way. Stockpiling the parts and building one that way.

But I still have to pay a mate to help me out.

And I'm not using a head spacer

I'm doing it the same way. Stockpiling the parts and building one that way.

But I still have to pay a mate to help me out.

And I'm not using a head spacer

I can do the work myself, if I need a hand I have plenty of mates that are mechanics

How come you arnt using a spacer? And you using low comp Pistons ?

• 1 year later...
On 31/03/2015 at 3:31 PM, FishWick said:

Yeah standard Edition 30s are mapped very flat.  Remapped, completely different animal and VERY fast.

Yeah Stealth's demo car made 360hp from 9psi iirc.  My own build made 392hp from 11psi (GT35R).  Why is that so hard to believe?  You take a standard VR6 engine that makes 200hp from one atmosphere.  Force another atmosphere in and you get another 200hp.  Seems fairly logical to me and the dyno plots seem to back that up, but some engines make more from less, especially if you factor in cams and more aggressive tuning.

Your engine makes 180ish hp at atmospheric which is 1 bar if you add a bar power will double it's that simple ! Unless you have cams things change then .

At the end of the day vr6 don't do good power at low boost and that's that !

• 3 weeks later...