Stealth Racing Turbo Kit discussion

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iv had an exciting week. It's back. Had a call from stealth last Friday to say it's ready. I rushed down and picked it up on the sat. When I got there Vince and John showed me around the car exp

It is absolutely brilliant! Still using any excuse just to go out and drive the thing some blurb and pics: For the benefit of some who asked about the stealth turbo: Firtly, I must say the level o

Here are some pictures of the pipework. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/cactusjackslade/ijpg

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

It is absolutely brilliant! Still using any excuse just to go out and drive the thing :) some blurb and pics:

4babc92eafed64e3372d8914de3c9c56_zps087e

d99643d874bfe7673239d2236ccc18df_zpsd40c

65c31254f031dddddd94350d3a48414b_zps3d20

For the benefit of some who asked about the stealth turbo:

Firtly, I must say the level of service is top notch and I can't recommend the stealth guys enough. Vince and co spent a long time explaining everything that had been done, the reasons why and how to maintain the vehicle, recommending the best plugs, oil, etc. it was obvious that a hell of a lot of work had gone in to the car, and IMO it represented excellent value for money if you're seriously considering turbo but don't feel confident enough to DIY.

As for the car itself, well now I completely understand why some of you guys chose to turbo your VR6s, I've never felt such brutal power in a car before, it was disgusting and after the initial shock I was laughing all the way home.

Setting off for the first time was driven off boost due to congestion, here it behaved exactly like a normal VR6 should and if taken easy I think the mpg would actually be pretty reasonable. The helix clutch judders ever so slightly when pulling away, but I'm told that this is perfectly normal (it isn't enough to be a hindrance though). The custom exhaust note is certainly quite unique and hinted that something was a bit different with the car.

As soon as the road cleared it was time to see what this thing was capable of. From second gear I floored it, and held on for dear life! It felt like the car had been attached to a giant slingshot and catapulted down the road - everything around me just became a blur as I went in to warp speed. I was worried that the lack of Racelogic would see me endlessly wheelsplinning, but the LSD was more than enough in the conditions to put the power comfortably down. Third gear was even more savage and from here on it was just relentless, never ending power. The exhaust when opened up sounds like nothing else, and the recirc valve gives a god almighty whoosh when you let off the throttle.

What goes up, must come down though, and a random emergency stop showed me how good the tarox brakes were. I would definitely recommend them to anyone as the stopping power is almost as brutal as the acceleration.

After paying the final balance it was a 2+ hour journey home, which only re-highlighted how fast the car was. Even in 5th, it pulls extremely hard and it was a matter of seconds before I was at license losing speeds. Unfortunately I didn't really come across anything exotic to test the car against, but I'm not the kind of guy to provoke anyone on the road anyway. At 70mph you can drive off boost too so as not to empty the fuel tank too quickly! Through the twisty roads the LSD just made the car feel so much tighter and controlled, a definitely worthwhile upgrade.

That's all I can really say for now, but for anyone considering getting this done - you will not regret it. Yes it's a fair bit of money, but definitely worth every penny.

Nick

• 8 months later...

Having seen the impressive transformation of nicks corrado and hearing his feedback on the turbo setup and the guys at stealth, Iv just got back from stealth. Minus my vr. The nervous exciting wait begins. Will keep you posted lol.

You will not be disappointed!

Id love to get this conversion done to my corrado one day :)

You will not be disappointed!

Id love to get this conversion done to my corrado one day :)

Iv been debating it with myself for 12 months now. I loved it n/a with 263 cams. I think turbo on top will be the ultimate grin factor though lol. I was looking into doing conversion myself but this kit is proven tested and reliable. can't wait to get back behind the wheel.

Indeed!! like I say I love the vr engine as it is.. Never experienced a boosted one before.. How is your engine doing? You far from finishing the run in?

Yea its going very well mate, silky smooth, sounds awesome ! I'm at 1.8k at the moment, and need to put 2.5k on the clock so not far to go :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having seen the impressive transformation of nicks corrado and hearing his feedback on the turbo setup and the guys at stealth, Iv just got back from stealth. Minus my vr. The nervous exciting wait begins. Will keep you posted lol.

I dropped mine in just before you mate and Vince mentioned that another was coming in. Car friend!! :D

Nick took me out in his car and I had a very nosey look round it when we met (hi Nick) and its a brute!

It's not just me that's been watching vrt vids on YouTube lots lately then?

I dropped mine in just before you mate and Vince mentioned that another was coming in. Car friend!! :D

Nick took me out in his car and I had a very nosey look round it when we met (hi Nick) and its a brute!

It's not just me that's been watching vrt vids on YouTube lots lately then?

Hi vag hag.

Lmao Iv been glued to YouTube searching for every vrt video I could find. Nice to know Iv not been alone. I was in touch with Nick while his car was being done and followed the progress on here and the corrado fourm. Don't post much on there as mines a mk3 golf but like to see what others are upto :) I knew yours was going in around the same time. Vince said he was going to have two cars in for turbos.

Just seen your thread on here. Very Nice looking Corrado mate. Iv read so many reviews from others on the conversion and they all say the power and performance is staggering while still being capable of being an every day driver if need be. The install looks fab too. It was following the work stealth did to nicks that sold it to me. Iv never seen his car or experienced a stealth turbo conversion for myself so I can only imagen and wait impatiently lol. Soooooo excited.

Yeah you are definitely not alone cranking up the volume and watching vrt vids!! Sad but true :)

What you going for spec wise?

I've gone fore stage one plus arp rod bolts and straight exhaust 2.5" I will have to sell the exhaust that's on there which is a shame but I'll get over it I'm sure.

Now looking into LSDs as I'm sure one will be needed!!

Cheers for kind words about my car, can't wait to get it back with a bit more welly behind it :)

May just see you there when they are done buddy, cheers.

Yeah you are definitely not alone cranking up the volume and watching vrt vids!! Sad but true :)

What you going for spec wise?

I've gone fore stage one plus arp rod bolts and straight exhaust 2.5" I will have to sell the exhaust that's on there which is a shame but I'll get over it I'm sure.

Now looking into LSDs as I'm sure one will be needed!!

Cheers for kind words about my car, can't wait to get it back with a bit more welly behind it :)

May just see you there when they are done buddy, cheers.

I'm going for pretty much the same, arp rod bolts, 2.5" exhaust. The car has already got sp263's installed which should complement the turbo nicely. I shall prob see u at the rolling road day if your going?

Torque Graph also showing RPM vs Boost along the bottom

1265143385_363_FT339563_torque-info_.jpg

I can't believe it's been nearly 5 years already since Vince announced this kit!

I was looking at an Edition 30 map he'd done recently, which reminded me of the old VRT torque curve in this thread.   It's hard to believe a standard 16V turbo engine can make the same torque (and more) just from a remap.  Furthermore, even a stock ED30 is making 221lbft by 2250rpm - some 40lbft more than the VRT makes!   That's progress for you!

Mind you, the 16VT does need shit loads more boost to get the same numbers :)

Good to see you folks are still turboing your VR6s though!

Edited by FishWick