Feature Car of the Month - February 2010 (Bungy)

For this month's feature car we have chosen Mark Williams known to you all as Bungy.

Mark is a relatively new member to the forum having only joined last July but has very quickly made himself a valuable member of the forum and is now a key part of Team South. Mark himself says “As a new member to the club I was made to feel welcome from the outset and as a result I have enjoyed a season of shows and events along with making some interesting and varied friends.â€

As I am sure you know we welcome any owner's of cars based around the VR6 engine but in my opinion it's always nice when a 4 motion or R32 owner comes on board. It's great to get their feedback on the cars as for most of us one of these two would be the logical next step after a VR6. Bungy's enthusiasm for his 4 motion will I am sure persuade many people to follow his route and especially after you have seen it !

In standard form the car could be any other mk4 golf but Bungy has put his individual style on his car very quickly and in the process created a lovely looking car. So far the modification he has done are

Audi TT 17" alloys for track and winter
AP Coilovers
Eceentric rear bushes
Miltek cat back non resonated exhaust
Self fabricated decat pipes
BMC CDA
HID's lighting
Smoked indicator repeaters
Satin black badges front and rear
sharks fin aerial
I phone compatible Sony head unit
Alpine speakers front and rear
Metal pressed plates

as you can see from that list it's a good mixture of subtle styling mods and essential performance ones. Like any sensible person before upping the power ( I hear his nearby power crazed neighbour Rotrex tendencies might be rubbing off !! ) he has made the car handle better and breath easier.

Bungy explains the inspiration behind his car “it evolved from not knowing what to get next. It had to be capable of big power, 4wd and built well. An element of practicality and not draw too much attention to itself. After some thinking and research I ended up with the 2.8 4motion. Leather, air-con, build quality and capable of 300-400bhp. All of this and Haldex as well.â€

Over the last few months Bungy made it to several of our shows and I more than anyone was very, very grateful he attended the Billing mate, I managed to lock my keys in the car and Bungy unbeknown to me used to be a locksmith! I think it took him all of 5 seconds to pop the boot! Due to his work commitments the shows he can attend will be a bit hit and miss this year but I imagine you will most likely find him at Santa Pod as that seems to have made a big impression on him “last year I managed to get to Fighting Torque, Billing and Santa Pod. All of which were equally good but if I had to choose, then Santa Pod did it for me†However this year he will be coming along on the best trip of the year to the Nurburgring and it will be great to have him and his 4mo along for the trip. Like everyone else he is already chomping at the bit to get there “This year the Nurburgring trip has got me counting the days until we leaveâ€

Bungy has also been a a premium member since he joined the site and for him it was a simple choice “I did a fair bit of research on the VR6OC site and paid my premium membership the day I bought the car. Being a premium member has paid for itself over and over again. With 10% discount at GSF and my local VW dealership, I've saved in excess of my subscription in under a year on service items aloneâ€

So there you go guys and girls I hope you enjoy reading this and looking at Mark's lovely 4mo.

The person behind the car.

Name: Mark Williams
Forum user name: Bungy
Hobbies: Petrol Head and marksman
Dislikes: Attitude and moaners

Car questions

First car?: Mini 850
Current car?: Golf 4motion and Audi A6
Dream car?: Rotrex charged 4mo and a Porsche
Other cars owned?: Over 50 cars and 10 bikes . A lot of non VAG
What got you into Dubs?: I like the build quality plus the social side that follows.
Best feature on your car?: Haldex
Future modifications?: I really want a Rotrex charger. The next stage after that I’ll keep to myself for now..
Favourite other member's car?: Jakes mk2 was mental. I was lucky enough to be a passenger before it went pop

General Stuff

1. Blonde or Brunette? Viking sunset
2. Takeaway or home cooked? Takeaway
3. Tea or Coffee? Coffee
4. Euro look or USA look? Euro and individuality
5. Soap or Documentary? Documentray
6. Mates or Dates? Mates
7. Pubs or Clubs? One follows the other
8. Sun seeker or Thrill seeker? Thrill seeker
9. Lager or Spirits? Both please
10. Dogs or Cats?: I’ve got 2 Labradors
11. Night out or Couch potato? Night out and Sunday couch potato