corrado timing chains

hi to everyone.

i know this has probably been coveres but im asking for some sound advice on my corrado vr6, it is a 93 obd1 engine, i need the timing chains done, at present funds stop me from taking it to a garage with labour cost. i have done a lot of work on the vr engine, is it a difficult job, i know its time consuming, where is the best place to get the parts, in know they have the kits in america. but what about here in uk. Any advice would be very welcome and any good websites to check out for guides or info. i hate not been able to us my VR its so sad.

i am in southamtpton in hampshire uk, if aby1 close to could help that would be brilliant

many

thanks

j

Tony who is in Kent is great and does the chains at a great price.... we did mine together one saturday and it saved me a couple of hundred. He is your man.

As for doing it yourself, you need to know what you're doing as you have to take the engine out, gearbox and clutch off and remove the engine casing....

I got my parts from TPS in Kent, picked them up on the morning i did mine. They were a lot more helpful than VW and its all genuine parts, it was about 200, and with that i got all the coolant needed and 2 litres of gearbox oil.

If Kent isnt too much of a trek then give Tony a pm, im sure he can sort you out. :) :)

ahhh man i am really sorry to hear that, have experienced that with my family and it is tough... concentrate on getting yourself well first, the car can always wait... I really hope it isnt too tough on you and you feel better soon....

ahhh man i am really sorry to hear that, have experienced that with my family and it is tough... concentrate on getting yourself well first, the car can always wait... I really hope it isnt too tough on you and you feel better soon....

[/quote126480664

i now suffer with anorexia because of it. this is the second time i had to hav treatment, its getting stronger. doin the car will help me focus, and not let itake all of my life away from me, the cancer has done enough of that as it is. i iwill never giv in and fight it. its whether my body can, thats why im trying to do things i enjoy and getting this car running good i would love.

cheers josh

• 2 months later...

Hi to everybody who replied, with. i am winning the fight against my diease, hopefully. hope the 5k vr6 nat. will send sponsor 2nite. My corrado is still sat there in the garage, its time to get it back to its former glory, my situation has changed, i hav another car im using at the moment, so i would like to completly strip it down, and re-build to make it the car it should have been, would any like to join me in this project. Or if i could get a second opinion to see whether it is my timing chains, that are the problem. that would be very much appreciated. (i dont want to see my Corrado to waste away, otherwise i will be selling it as parts)

cheers

josh

Hey Josh... good to hear you are doing well... and thanks for the offer of sponsorship... but make sure you get yourself and your car sorted first!

Bungy is a great guy and is close to you so im sure he can help you out... he's a very handy man to know... if you get stuck sourcing parts at all let me know and i can help you with that side of things.

There is always the option of hiring Tonyvrsc for the day as he can strip down a vr engine and rebuild it with his eyes shut.. :)

Keep us updated.. :)

Thank you, you are doing an amazing thing for ur mum and the charity, im still raising money for cancer research. £4000 to date, hopefully when im better ill do another mad event. My last fundraser i ran for 10hrs non stop, where is the race for life. ill make sure im there.

keep it up (ur doing your mum proud.

josh

Hey Josh... good to hear you are doing well... and thanks for the offer of sponsorship... but make sure you get yourself and your car sorted first!

Bungy is a great guy and is close to you so im sure he can help you out... he's a very handy man to know... if you get stuck sourcing parts at all let me know and i can help you with that side of things.

There is always the option of hiring Tonyvrsc for the day as he can strip down a vr engine and rebuild it with his eyes shut.. :)

Keep us updated.. :)

• 2 months later...

hi to everybody who has followed my post, Nat hope you got your sponsor money if not let me know.

I wish i could say things were on the up, but as much as i fight this diease , it gets stronger. unfortunatly ive had a re-occurance in my stomach, i also now have the added bonus of developing osteoporosis, which is quite severe. it is a struggle and very frustrating. so i have not been able to do anything with my car, its just in my garage i might have to conceed and sell it as parts or project, i do have many parts in the car that are waiting to be fitted. i hate to see it go, id much rather it went to somebody who can bring it back to its former than let it waste away. rather it went to a good home here than on ebay, i wish i could do it but my strentgh is taken buy this thing inside me.

cheers

josh

if anybody has any interest, or ideas with what i could do let me know