VW Vento VR6 Conversion and Harlequin paint

I bought this Vento as a daily runabout (LOL)

PB210435.jpg

PB210436.jpg

Also had a Golf on UK plates and the Govt want €756 to re register it on irish plates so its being converted into my Vento :P

PA020618.jpg

PA020619.jpg

PA020620.jpg

PA020621.jpg

PA020622.jpg

PA020623.jpg

The golf has been stripped yesterday afternoon just with the 2 axles remaining so it can be moved around

P1130504.jpg

P1130505.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing this little project on a bit of a budget trying not to spend to much (LOL)

This is before we stripped the Vento and then the golf

P1140505.jpg

P1140506.jpg

Full Interior stripped out minus the sound deadning

P1220516.jpg

Engine bay sorted out and cable change selector fitted

P1280523.jpg

P1280524.jpg

Rear axle powdercoated and powerflex rear axle bushes fitted just waiting on rear backing plates and Ican fit the stub axles and rear brake set up

P1230518.jpg

The engine bay will be getting a full clean up and I have a powdercoated subframe here waiting to go into its new home Powerflex front wishbone bushes should be here for friday morning

Koni coilovers from my old charged golf are being used to save a few euros :D

Very nice' date=' Vento's rule lol :)

[/quote']

Lol should we lwave you boot boys for five... :D

I think that is rude asking that much to re-register... bets solution all round I recon... Keep us upto date on your progress... I assume you're gonna leave it stealth like... :D

A delivery left the UK yesterday of powerflex wishbone bushes front and rear so should be here on friday hopefully

Full wiring has been completed both inside and out just need to gve the servo a second coat of paint to clean it up then I can fit the brake lines and start on making the rear lines

A quick pic of how the car is at the moment, Subframe, Steering rack, Eibach anti roll bar, Powerflex steering rack mount, Front cross member and cable shift selector all fitted

P1290522.jpg

I got a silly price of powdercoating 2 wishbones and 3 weeks waiting time so I plan to give them a rub down with a wirebrush and give a couple of coats of hammerite smooth gloss black it should be good enough

I plan to get the engine/gearbox shafts wishbones and back onto 4 wheels friday afternoon unless something goes wrong LOL (it normally does)

@RCF you think thats bad it costs €1204 to tax a VR6 for a year this country is a bit of a joke

Its going to look just like this car (well as close to as possible)

Harlequin1.jpg

Harlequins.jpg

clowningaround.jpg

love it' date=' harlequin ftw! get it done!

[/quote']

Yeah €1204 to be exact thats why there aint many people running VR6's over here

I got a good bit done today engine and gearbox is back in place and almost all the brakes are sorted out just need to route the hard lines from the ABS pump to the rear

First of pics of the hand painted wishbones and new backing plates for the rear discs and calipers

P1310530.jpg

Servo given a quick lick of hammerite

P1310532.jpg

Its great to see it back in place and on 4 wheels again a bit to dark to get a proper pic

P2010535.jpg

P2010534.jpg

ok mini update time again :P

I have had the Vento on the road for the last 2 days kinda doing a snag list of whats up with her before I put the interior all back into place

Cant run the 15" BBS wheels until I modify the ARB links they are rubbing on the inside of the front wheels so I decided to put the BBS RC's 7.5x17 on for a try out

It handles 100% on the 17's with minimal arch to tyre rubbing so I may decide to keep them there pic below

P2080541.jpg

I have forgotten how much fun sleeper cars really are I had some fun the last few days cruising around LMFAO

• 3 months later...

Havent really done much with the GoVenta over the last few weeks except drive it

P4140639.jpg

Just need to get a plate to fit the US rear tub and its something else done :D

I got a rear number plate sorted out for it (it was a tight fit while keeping the digits the legal size and spacing and IRL euro sign)

P4260644-1.jpg

Keeping it legal as possible :P

I will be getting a few bits and pieces painted over the next week or so so it should really start to reassemble a Harley then :D

• 2 weeks later...

This Goventa will be getting some paint this weekend rear 1/4s and grill going baby blue, rear bumper rear doors and bonnet going ginster yellow, bootlid and front wings going pistachio green.

Just leaves the front bumper and boot spoiler to be done in red

I will fit the US spec rear plate tub then with the new plate :D

Also going to get the windows tinted a nice light tint on the side and rear windows i think its a 25% tinting so pics will be posted when done

This will look sweet Aaron' date=' better pull your finger out and get busy mate...

[/quote']

LOL Very busy but it was worth it IMHO

Not too long in the door from a hard weekends work on the Goventa (well sunday and today)

So I will just put up a pic or 2 from the more or less finished article there is still a few bits and pieces to be sorted out but most of the big work is more or less done :D

DSCF3666a.jpg

DSCF3667a.jpg

The front bumper and boot spoiler will be painted red in a couple of weeks we just ran out of time

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...