MAF - Before or after the supercharger??

Where should my air flow meter be on a supercharged VR? When I first fitted the charger, I kept it in the original place and the car run lumpy when driving it normal but fine when i put my foot down. I didn't get a chip with the charger so it was running on a remapped chip for a standard VR. I've since got a chip for the supercharger but put the air flow meter between the air filer and the charger (Behind the bumper). The car runs great when driving normal but doesn't feel quite as fast when put my foot down.There's a supercharger for sale on ebay now @ £1200 and in the pic he's got it bolted in the same place a s standard. I'm all confused and out of idea's. Any help would be appriciated. I'll post some pics of my setup ASAP.

Looking closely at the one on ebay' date=' it has a ribbed belt on the charger, mine is a toothed belt. ZR-2 I think. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Mk3-Vr6-Z-Engineering-ZR1-Supercharger_W0QQitemZ290392395252QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439cbc4df4 [/quote']the belts are the same mate, it's the internals that are different on the ZR1 and 2 chargers iirc
I'll try moving mine tomorrow and see what results I get. It could be because I didn't have a proper chip in my car but how is the one thats on ebay working OK the way it's setup?!?
I ran mine setup the same way as the one on ebay for a year mate with no issues apart from the fact that it used to idle a bit badly at times !!as for the race bypass valve I have no idea what one is mate ??? and as for upgrading please let everyone else know if you can find out where to upgrade to 8 psi megasmile.png megasmile.png

Yeah go stage 2 with this one. On the VF website it's $1000 for the upgrade. All it needs is the 'bypass valve', injectors, pulley and remap (And a good strong engine) How it is now, it's quicker than new s3 100+, quicker than old focus rs from standing start and quicker than my mates 2002 wrx impreza but now im used to the power i want a little bit more. Can't buy another car for £1k with more grunt than the VR. It's my pride and joy! The wife hates it cause I spend money on it but it's a proper sleeper. Just want it running perfect. I always try and look after the engine. Don't rag it when cold, change the oil every 3-4K. Just want to squeeze that little bit of extra power out of it though.

Hi all and a belated happy new year. Recently back from my hols so this is my first post of 2010.

SLS tuning in Germany recommended that I move the MAf sensor to the intake pipe before the charger. They supplied me with a chip which I can change myself once i've moved it but for now it's running a map that feels great. A little lumpy at low revs in second gear for instance, but otherwise I've had no issues with lumpy idle. I'll relocate the Maf sensor at some point this year and report on any changes.

Kevin