rotten arches.....gutted!

Cheers buddy. I have found a full set of discs and pads front and rear on flea bay for £90 delivered, but not sure of the quality? I also need some door seals for the driver and passenger doors, as they are letting in water at the top of the roor/door pillar? anyone know where i can get some cheap??

1st off, sorry to read the troubles you have had.

2nd glad you got them sorted!!! :) now you can enjoy the vr6 roar!! (without little 'un on board!)

also, i have a 3door car i am breaking for spares, i can send you the door seals if you want them for a pretty cheap price!! let me know buddy!!

1st off' date=' sorry to read the troubles you have had.

2nd glad you got them sorted!!! :) now you can enjoy the vr6 roar!! (without little 'un on board!)

also, i have a 3door car i am breaking for spares, i can send you the door seals if you want them for a pretty cheap price!! let me know buddy!!

Sounds like a plan! How much you after? let me know as this would be another little thing i can sort. cheers for letting me know!

[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

how did you go about contacting VOSA about this mate?

I have just gone through the same thing with mine, havent finished yet its only just got back on its wheels but while it was in pieces had everything i could do done to it.

Ive actually replaced both sills and rear arches for it, patched the drivers footwell and made sure the passenger footwell was sealed properly.

Both sills were shagged due to some tool jacking it up right in the middle. Aswell as all springs being snapped and excessive play in all top mounts, which have been replaced with AP coilovers and new mounts.

This car passed an MOT in mid july and i bought it in august.

Although i have fixed the issues they have been documented in picture quite extensively and the more you find the more you want the monkey that passed it struck off!

how did you go about contacting VOSA about this mate?

I have just gone through the same thing with mine' date=' havent finished yet its only just got back on its wheels but while it was in pieces had everything i could do done to it.

Ive actually replaced both sills and rear arches for it, patched the drivers footwell and made sure the passenger footwell was sealed properly.

Both sills were shagged due to some tool jacking it up right in the middle. Aswell as all springs being snapped and excessive play in all top mounts, which have been replaced with AP coilovers and new mounts.

This car passed an MOT in mid july and i bought it in august.

Although i have fixed the issues they have been documented in picture quite extensively and the more you find the more you want the monkey that passed it struck off!

[/quote']

I know how you feel matey, i still have lots to do to my car, but just simply havent the cash to fund the project, im actually thinking of selling the car now, as its starting to grind on me. I still need new rear arches, new plugs, leads and coilpack, new discs all round , new door seals and the front window is leaking in water everytime it rains!

I can honestly say that i have never had a car with so many issues. The list goes on, and fund get smaller and to top it off i always feel like a was sold a shed!

If you want to get VOSA involved i just called them and they arrange to inspect the car at a local garage close to you along with the person who originally mot'd it. they then decide what is wrong with the car and if it tallys up with the original mot, if it dont, then they discipline or strike off the mot guy.

yea ive basically stripped my car right out and sorted anything i can find and given it a full respray (with a few custom touches on the way too) while i was on.

Having crumbled the front window seals when pulling them off i can tell you that was a costly mistake to be so rough with them, £140 the set!

Im lucky that i can work on it all day, have been for some weeks now, still have no interior in the car, im up to making sure all the floor bungs are sealed up good and laying the padding and carpets back down.

Still a long way from completion as along the way you always think of "oh i could do this while im on" dont you.

yea ive basically stripped my car right out and sorted anything i can find and given it a full respray (with a few custom touches on the way too) while i was on.

Having crumbled the front window seals when pulling them off i can tell you that was a costly mistake to be so rough with them' date=' £140 the set!

Im lucky that i can work on it all day, have been for some weeks now, still have no interior in the car, im up to making sure all the floor bungs are sealed up good and laying the padding and carpets back down.

Still a long way from completion as along the way you always think of "oh i could do this while im on" dont you.

[/quote']

Its a great thing that you can work on your like that, mine is my daily runner, so its abit hard to work on it, especially when my daughter wants all my attention too!! Oh well, you live and learn, i will be having a good hard think about what i am going to do about my car over the next few weeks. My brother has a nice Saab turbo up for sale , so i may just make the transition. Its a shame, cuz i REALLLLY loved the golf, but is putting a MASSIVE hole in my pocket.

hi t5kyo nice car' date='glad u have sorted problems:) i am thinking about taking the archs of mine but now im scared,lol,i might still do it tho,and what size wheels are them and how much is it lowered i like the tuff stance,

[/quote']

Hiya Jimmy, the problems are mounting up by the day! so it is far from sorted at the moment, but i will say it drives fine with the exception of abit of a struggle in the revs below 1500rpm. just all the little niggles are getting to me now. The wheels are 17" antera wheels with a polished rim. its only been lowered on the front!! It was like it when i purchased it, and i think the stance has put stress on the front, as the shocks are shot! looks nice to look at but people in the know would know theres alot needs doing to it.

• 1 month later...

As you know i had some welding done for the re-mot, and trading standards got involved....and cut a long story short the managed to get £100 off the guy who sold me the car to help towards the cost of the repairs, and he was really fine about it too.

hi t5kyo nice car' date='glad u have sorted problems:) i am thinking about taking the archs of mine but now im scared,lol,i might still do it tho,and what size wheels are them and how much is it lowered i like the tuff stance,

[/quote']

Hiya Jimmy, the problems are mounting up by the day! so it is far from sorted at the moment, but i will say it drives fine with the exception of abit of a struggle in the revs below 1500rpm. just all the little niggles are getting to me now. The wheels are 17" antera wheels with a polished rim. its only been lowered on the front!! It was like it when i purchased it, and i think the stance has put stress on the front, as the shocks are shot! looks nice to look at but people in the know would know theres alot needs doing to it.

glad i saw this as i was gonna just lower the front of mine looks like coilovers all round then,or sell them and leave it standard,i really wanna leave it standard it just looks to high at the front tho,and yeh the wheels are nice:)

• 6 months later...

hiya, ive still got it mate, its locked up in the garage looking all sorry for itself!!! i think im going to start work on it next year, but for now its just hauled up over the winter.

i thought about selling it but i dont think id get much to be honest. its a shame because it still looks nice and shiny, just the arches under the plastics that are a problem