All windows in can mist up in the winter/cold

right, my car every winter steams up like crazy for no apparent reason! for the love of god i cant figure it out and i dont want to start stripping loads of stuff off to find it is not that!

Any ideas what it could be, take into account that it is the rear window that tends to steam up first then makes it way forwards! it only takes about 10 mins to fully steam after use.

i have pretty much changed the entire coolant sysytem over the last year so that is all in tip top shape. Carpets are all dry as far as i am aware. i did have to replace one of the light clusters over the summer as the old one was cracked, i will have a look into that. Even whilst i am driving it it will take easily 1/2 hour to demist with blowers on full heat and full blow! grrrrrr

nope, i leave them all shut hoping and praying it will not come back, then within 5 mins book there it is again.

i'll try and air it when i get home tonight then for 1/2 hour or so! I'll also have a look at the rear cluster too. Just wouldnt mind driving it when i can see everything properly! lol

that is a good point.. You are looking for nice dry air inside as that is what causes the condensation in conjunction with the inside vs outside temperature differential.

I do find if I crack the roof or the likes it helps draw the air around the car. Also do you have a boot/car full of stuff??? I ask as if you have cloths/rags bottles of fluids etc etc then they get moist overnite and will be a source of moisture aswell...

Finally you do need to let your car come up to temperature. I dont just mean the engine. Once everything is warm etc that helps a great deal. May be worth investing in a shammy for the screen and heater pointed to the floors for a while before you move off.

Also It does make a difference if youe windows are wet outside. So dont be afraid to wipe them down aswell before you head off.... especially if you have dampness hiding inside somewhere as aswell..

ps just thought check the rear wash wipe hose... a little water goes a long way ;)

just re read that ... bit rambling but you get teh idea and I cant be bothered to rewrite in better English... :P

i will def give it a go at pulling a load of nice clean dry air inside and have the windows open on the way back home tonight, will see how that changes things later.

the only things in the boot are spare number plates and a sub for the stereo. so dont think they would change anything, i am concerned about the rear light cluster as i did change it over the summer so will check the seals on that to make sure they are all good!

i have had to shammy the windows down most journeys now, but never wipoed over the outside to remove the water, i'll try that too.

Mine is getting worse every year. Normally its just the windscreen, but this year its tailgate and rear windows. My rear footwell carpets are wet, apparently down to blocked sunroof drains.

A blast of AC normally sorts out the misting issues quickly

yeah mine seems to get worse every year too! Mind you gave it a good drive last night with all the windows open (bloody cold at 90 odd mph) and it was crystal clear this morning! might be a one off though. Still going to have a look at pollen filter and rear cluster over the weekend!

Eat this - would love to slap the aircon on, however my golf was gifted without it! Lazy line workers forgot to put in on my Vr in 1996! grrrr.

still havent had time to do anything with this yet. came to it on Monday morning and there was ice on the inside of the front window, looking at may be getting a new windscreen put in now too as i have seen what looked like water possibly coming through the top of the windscreen. Not good!