Effect gain with 2.9 inlet and cams on a 2.8?

2.8 and 2.9 cams are identical.

The 2.9 has a higher rev limit though, and a higher flowing inlet manifold.

Throttle plate size on OBD1 2.8 and 2.9 is the same. 2.8 throttle has a ramp in it to speed up gas flow at low rpm and the 2.9 is the same bore all the way through, but has a dual stage opening mechanism to mimic the 2.8's ramp behaviour.

OBD2 throttle plate is the smallest and has the same inlet as the OBD1 2.8.

Many people prefer the torquier delivery of OBD2 with it's 'restricive' intake parts. I know I do :-)

i dont no much about this type of this but if mild cams are 268 this makes em 20 degrees more/higher, however its done. so 2.9's being an extra 10 degree's 'ish' would make em slightly better than 2.8's in a 2.8

also the throttle body argument was had not to long ago, i have an obd1 coil pack engine, it has exactly the same throttle body as a corrado, when my original engine was swapped out i used a low milage obd2 and fitted my obd1 set up. the obd2 tb is much smaller than the obd1, by about 10mm. i know because i looked at them side by side when i was trying to smooth out the internals in both. the obd2 tb will almost fit inside an obd1 tb its that much smaller.