Car insurance for the younger ones among us

Its not to late as you have 2 weeks i do beleive to cancel if you did it on the net or by phone

Really ? The money has come out already ? Probably be a large cancellation fee ?

Depends when you bought the policy, all companies have a 14 day cooling off period in which you can cancel the policy at no extra fee. Ive done it before, think they charged me like £10 admin fee for drawing everything up but that was it.

Def have a look at your paper work.

Thanks for the info' date=' will try flux direct to see if they can better the quote

[/quote']

Id be fairly surprised if they couldn't they have been cheap for my bro for the past 3 years and for me for nearly a year. :)

got a quote of £775 in the end. they called back after I mentioned the admiral cancellation fee.

However, takes 7-10 days for admiral to refund the money which means dont have enough to cover the £775...

nevermind!

just tried insuring my mk3 highline and as i am 18 and an engineer it is £4102 third party

Whos that with?? Thats ridiculous!! Although my little bro is 18 and its costing him £2000 for a 1.1 saxo. Have you tried adding your parents on? Made quite a bit of difference on mine when i first got it.

It cost me 1,600 to insure my mk3 VR6 when I was 18.... I insured via a loophole though, which required me to have a second car insured (a metro i left rotting in a garage), which then allowed me to drive my VR6 (Which was registered and insured by my old man) 3rd party.... I did this for a number of years until I was old enough / and the cost was cheap enough for myself to insure.

I'm not sure if this loop exists today, I did this via CIS insurance, however I'm sure they wont allow that to happen anymore... it must specifically say on your insurance document that you able to drive other INSURED vecicles 3rd party only, with the owners permission...

I got one quote from the AA when I was 18, and the came in at over £8,000 lol

• 10 months later...

I had a similar thing when coming for renewal. I just tend to stick to the compare websites, see what quotes come up. Always worth phoning a few as well who aren't on the compare websites. Try a few compare websites as well. I ended up getting insured with ibuyeco (not meaning 'eco car'). They seem fine, no problems so far.