Ben's baby blue supercharged golf - the end is nigh

Right so here we go then !!! So many of you know that after the bad luck with the green 5 door recently I had decided to break it for parts :( this was a hard decision as several years of hard work had gone into the car and it was starting to get somewhere near to where I wanted however the cost of repairs and lack of enthusiasm forced me to look for a new project.

So here it is !! As you can see it's had a complete re-spray about a year ago in a pearlescent silver/blue, a smoothed tailgate and colour coded bumpers. It's had a new engine on 90K with chains, tensioners guides etc all done and most of the other major bits have been replaced as well ! Inside it has light grey ( beaver ?) leather in perfect nick with a custom boot install housing a couple of nice speakers and a custom painted dash - which has been painted in another pearlescent white/blue colour :)

Plans are simple for the moment ! going to get my cams, new manifold, 6 branch, samcos's and my Momo wheels from the green one onto this, have already swapped it onto the Compomotive's but it will eventually have the Work's wheels painted to suit and they will go on :) Then it's off to my mate to have a couple of little bits of paint touched up :) Eventually the charger will go back on to this but will run it n/a for a little while :) The engine is super smooth and pulls well in all the gears but I do miss that little bit of extra oommph ;) ;)

Anyway not had a chance to get some good pics yet but here are a few quick ones and when the weather get's better will stick some better ones up :) :)

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6534_.jpg

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6535_.jpg

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6536_.jpg

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6537_.jpg

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6538_.jpg

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6539_.jpg

1258113299_5463_FT0_dsc_6540_.jpg

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks / sounds like a great find mate, nice one. I love the smoothed tailgate look. Really liked it on that black VR a new guy (soz, don't remember your name) brought to Billing.

^^^ as James said, wann see this colour coded dash :-#

When are you about, so I can drop by and see it? Drop me a text dude.

finally!!!!

had fallen asleep :-)

looking good Ben sounds like a goodun too :-)

interesting colour!

Would like to see this in the metal for a proper nose round in Bury then up to Norfolk next week with work maybe come see you if you're around?

I like it!! Its very 'you' ;) lol

I will take that as a compliment I think !! ;)

im intrigued by this painted dash malarky though???

Looks / sounds like a great find mate' date=' nice one. I love the smoothed tailgate look. Really liked it on that black VR a new guy (soz, don't remember your name) brought to Billing.

^^^ as James said, wann see this colour coded dash :-#

When are you about, so I can drop by and see it? Drop me a text dude.

[/quote']

yeah am not entirely sold on it yet myself but it's not the most difficult thing in the world to change if I decide I don't like it :) It does fit in with the outside of the car well inmo but am thinking about contrasting the light outside with a dark inside and swoppingh the grey leather for some black and the dash etc :)

Will give you a text and can catch up next week for sure mate :)

About bloody time son' date=' well nice colour dude, looks agood un, but you do realise you will have to keep this one clean lol

[/quote']

yes mate I know !!! just getting my head around that but you never know you might see this in the show and shine field next year !!! :o

Well done for finding a tight one matey. Am rather undecided about at the mo...i think its like your old bumper - it grow on me and i'll probs end up wanting it off you lol!

As others have said' date=' intrigued by the dash? What's the crack there fella?

[/quote']

ha ha yeah it took me a couple of times of looking at it to decide I really liked the colour and because it's pearlescent it looks so much better in the flesh than pics mate especially pics of it dirty in the rain !! :)

looking good Ben sounds like a goodun too :-)

interesting colour!

Would like to see this in the metal for a proper nose round in Bury then up to Norfolk next week with work maybe come see you if you're around?

yeah I know the colour is going to be a bit marmite !! ;)

yeah for sure would be great to catch up :) :) text me the days when your about and will make sure I am free :)

Right now my input......

First of, about bloody time!!!!!

Secondly I have to agree with Nat completely on the colour, it is soooooo you BGB.

Also i'm not a fan of wrong coloured cars myself, should be a factory colour for the car.

Thirdly, i'm not a fan of "frenched" bootlids at all....I like number plate where it is.

But overall it looks like a good base car to work with, especially the chains being done.

So when you getting it sprayed LC9Z then?

All that is just my opinion......bit like me with Corrado's really

Secondly I have to agree with Nat completely on the colour' date=' it is soooooo you BGB.

Also i'm not a fan of wrong coloured cars myself, should be a factory colour for the car.

Thirdly, i'm not a fan of "frenched" bootlids at all....I like number plate where it is.

But overall it looks like a good base car to work with, especially the chains being done.

So when you getting it sprayed LC9Z then?

All that is just my opinion......bit like me with Corrado's really

[/quote']

It was LC9Z before this mate !! 8-)

I knew you would have certain reservations but I think when you see it in the flesh as a package you will like it mate :) and yeah the engine feels a lot smoother than mine ever did so looking forward to getting all my trick bits on it :)