Gave my VR a bit of a detail

Wicked cheers' date=' im moving to a new flat at the end of december and i have my own car port there, and my flat is ground floor, with the window about 6 meters away so i can do my machine polishing under there.... mine needs a bloody good clean... he does come up real well but i just cant get the swirls out for love nor money so im gonna try the machine polisher soon... i use rubbush boys juiced edition caranuba wax on mine and chemical guys black hole... have been meaning to try that extreme top coat.... is it good??

[/quote']

Wish i had that at my flat :P Id be needing to run an extension from first floor and across a road lol. Not the most handy.

Thats the exact way mine used to be bud. Came up really well,dead shiney but really it was lots of swirls. Thats what made me set about it. Dont get me wrong its tough getting them out with the vw paint being so tough. Well worth it though.

I bought a silverline buffer off ebay with pads etc and all i can say is i wish i hadnt. If your looking for a good kit pm me and ill point you in a direction id highly reccomend. The pads i got were completely pants. Iv now got meguiars pads and makes the world of differnce.

The extreme top coat i was pretty happy with. Was first time i used a "sealnt" as i usually just polished and waxed.

Heres some pics of during it,really does look sorry for itself lol. Have to just keep thinkng that itll be fine once its back together and washed.

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Scott.

i cant remember the polisher i brought cuz i havent really had chance to use it, i tried it out on one patch but didnt touch the swirls so gave up...

Ive used more detailing products than i care to remember.... ive got the Menzerna polishing pads and polishes, but they weren't enough to get rid of the swirls, so need a heavier compound polish to try i think....

Hopefully early next year, as soon as there is some nice dry weekends i will get on it and do the whole car... when i think how nice it looks now, i think its gonna look amazing when the swirls are gone too!!

Great pics tho, you really have done a blinding job!