VR6OC INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Current CK offers   CAR INSURANCE In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a ca

Hi there, my insurance is due soon on my vr6, im 30 an have had the car 1 year, prev insurance was £360, fully comp 1500miles, classic policy so although 1 year claim free , no ncd built up. Does this

Hi,   Well, it's the 1st day of June and we're looking forward to taking your calls if your car insurance is due during the next month. May was a great month for us and it's all thanks to car club/for

Hi

My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!

The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm just got refused a quote on a mk2 golf vr6 as the increase in bhp was to much from the original car :( didn't make much sence to me as it's a 2.8 on the log book has been for 3 years but my engine is modded to approximate 200bhp. Also said because I was 28 not 30 which again I don't understand. However the man Martin was very profressional

• 3 weeks later...

The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to magazine@chrisknott.co.uk with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Please include us in your quote gathering if your insurance is due this month. Whenever you're reading this! :)

Can't believe we've been serving members of this club since 2006!!

By the way, if you become a Chris Knott client, you get the following extra benefits:

Loyalty Rewards

£20 OFF our best car insurance quote (on top of any other savings we can achieve for you) when you bring 2nd and subsequent cars to us.

£20 OFF our best home insurance quote if you have one ‘live’ car policy with us at time of quoting.

£50 OFF our best home insurance quote if your household has 2 or more ‘live’ car policies with us at the time of quoting.

Recommend a Friend Scheme

£20 OFF your own renewal for each friend or family member you refer to us and who goes ahead with the cover. There's no limit to the number of people you can recommend and no limit to the number of £20 discounts you can receive against your car or home insurance renewal. By renewal we mean when you stay with us for another 12 months.

Hope some of you can take advantage of this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi' date=' why have you got a +50 bhp caping for new customers only this does not make sense to me

[/quote']

Just to let you know that the bhp limit was increased to 100 over stock about 6 months ago. Hopefully that means that more members will be able to benefit by giving us a call.

• 2 weeks later...

With less than a week to go until our iPad Mini draw closes I'd just like to ask you to give us a call for a quote if your car insurance is due in the coming weeks. If you're due in June we can quote you as soon as you like - but to be in with a chance to WIN an iPad Mini 16Gb you should call us by THIS FRIDAY (31st).

We're currently signing-up more than one in every 3 quotes because we reward club/forum membership by going that bit further to try and win your business. Will the next one be you?

Call us FREE on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) to find out how much you could save with Chris Knott.

Ive just spoke one of your staff, Kim, she was very helpful and friendly and also gave me a good quote that I'm very happy with and will be ringing back at the weekend to take it, well if all goes well at the paint shop and I get the car back then

• 1 month later...

Please remember to include Chris Knott in the mix when searching for a car insurance quote.

For good drivers, we can often beat your best alternative quote when we know what it is - dis-regarding what the system says we should be quoting. That's because our insurer partners trust us and allow us to quote what we need to to get them good quality business.

This year so far we're signing up even more forum members than last year so we must be doing something right!

"Ian insured with Chris Knott a couple of weeks ago and reported the best deal he's ever had, thanks guys" said Alfanutz admin, Zender156.

Call Chris Knotts and we'll find you the best deal based on your individual needs. Alternatively, you can complete brief details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote and we'll call you back.

High for the industry, 78% of Chris Knott's clients are renewing this year too, which means we are pretty consistent in our pricing - not looking to change the rate if the risk is the same as last year.

It's true there have been a few comments regarding the length of time it takes for us to answer calls. But we're pleased to say that we've listened to feedback and have now made it easier for you to get through to the quoting team. They were previously handling other types of enquiry but we're now fielding those enquiries to a separate, dedicated team. You should notice a great improvement.

Pick up the phone today if you're due in the next few weeks and see how much Chris Knott can save you.

• 2 weeks later...

CHRIS KNOTT VIRTUAL SHOW & SHINE (with prizes)

Here's a chance for members to show off their cars and their photo skills as we launch the Chris Knott Virtual 'SHOW & SHINE' over on our Facebook page.

All you need to do is LIKE our page - Chris Knott Facebook - and post a pic of your car on the page.

There's a PRIZE for the winning entry and another one for the best runner up.

The WINNER will receive a tasty Nikon D3200 + 18-55mm VR lens kit* worth £370.

The best RUNNER UP will win a much coveted 3LT X0a Tim Evolution 2 Magnesium Alloy Tripod* worth £130.

The closing date for entries is 31st October 2013 - so 3 months for you to get the creative juices flowing and come up with something if you haven't already got an image to post up.

Your car could be stock or modified - there are no restrictions in that regard.

Be inventive. Remember, unlike a traditional Show & Shine, this is a photo comp so we will be looking for the 2 photos that show cars off best but please keep it clean (the photo)!!

It doesn't have to show the whole of your car - it just needs to have a car in it. Think about location, lighting, angles, etc.

The pic can be anything amateur - an Instagram photo, straight camera-phone pic or something a bit more serious and we're happy if you want to use effects.

The only stipulation is that it must be your own photo and your own car (not an image nicked off the internet).

Have a look at the photos we've added to our FB page and commented on to see the sort of images that we've appreciated in the past.

We're really looking forward to seeing your pics as you post them. There's no limit to the number of different photos you can post.

Spread the word!

*Equivalent value prizes may be substituted if these models are not available at time of judging.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Relaxation in CHRIS KNOTT age and experience criteria

There's really good news for many of the members we've previously had to turn down - we've kept on the case with insurers and have been able to negotiate a relaxation of the age & experience criteria for the club scheme.

These are the changes from the old requirements where we had them on certain models:

OLD RULES - 25+ with 12 months' experience of the car or one of similar performance.

NEW RULES - 25+ with 6 months' experience.

OLD RULES - 25+ with 24 months' experience or 30+ if only 12 months' experience.

NEW RULES - 25+ with 12 months' experience.

OLD RULES - 30+ with 12 months' experience.

NEW RULES - 28+ with 12 months' experience.

There's still some way to go but it's good that we at least have these concessions.

Remember to include us in the mix when looking around for quotes. We're still signing up 40% of quotes offered - there won't be many in the industry that can say that.

To find out how much you could save with Chris Knott please call FREE on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles) and quote this forum's unique code.

• 2 months later...
UPDATE: CHRIS KNOTT now quoting M, L, OL and SK1-12 postcodes

If you live in any of the above postcodes you'll know that it used to be difficult for us to quote you under the club insurance scheme.

The good news is that insurers have agreed to open up these postcodes to us.

Some of the very risky areas are still not available to us (in reality there aren't many of those) but we can quote competitively on the rest. There are sometimes overnight parking requirements attached to the quotes but this is a big step forward in the right direction.

Regardless of your postcode area, if you've not yet given the Chris Knott Insurance club scheme a try please do so or if you have tried us in the past and we couldn't help you - chances are that we'll be able to help now.

Please call FREE on 0800 917 2274 and put us to the test.

Here's what Kris, a member of STdriveRS forum, said recently:

"Guys, definitely worth calling Chris Knott, my renewal with Esure was £273, which I was extremely pleased with. Contacted both Chris Knott and [a competitor] because of this forum. Unfortunately [the competitor] said they couldn't beat it, and when CKI called me back I wasn't expecting them to either and even told the lovely lady on the phone this, but we still went through all the details. Then I waited 2 minutes whilst she got me the price, when she came back on I was expecting "sorry, but...", but no, was pleasantly surprised to hear "we can do it for £240". Absolutely stoked, and when my wife's insurance is up for renewal in the next few weeks CKI will be my first port of call too." Krisby, STdriveRS.co.uk

More exciting news coming on Monday...

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE: CAR INSURANCE WISH LIST

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

To make sure we're not just feeding our competitors ideas, please PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.

• 1 month later...
UPDATE: Current CK offers

CAR INSURANCE

In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a car insurance quote between now and 28/02/14.

In addition, if you already have one vehicle insured with us, we'll give you an extra discount of £20 when you ask us to quote for another car in your household.

Just a couple of testimonials:

"Chris Knott Insurance - Thanks for the cheapest car insurance quote of my life so far." Sylivian, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"Recently moved my Z3 insurance over to CKI. I found them really helpful and as a bonus, I saved nearly (two thirds) on my premium." Neil Robinson, Facebook

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER

Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)

Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)

Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

HOME INSURANCE

A new offer from Chris Knott means that you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate.

All you have to do is ask us for a quote on your home insurance before 28/02/14.

If you have a vehicle insured with us at the time of the quote we'll give you an extra £20 OFF the best quote we can find for you. If you have 2 or more vehicles with us, we'll increase the discount to £50. That's a discount on top of any other savings we can achieve for you!

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE: PRIZE DRAWS CLOSE SOON

Hi,

I just wanted to remind you that there's not much time left for you to benefit from our current Prize Draws and discounts.

CAR INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14

In return for getting a quote from Chris Knott Car Insurance we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14.

HOME INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14

Ask Chris Knott Home Insurance for a quote and you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14. Full prize details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/competition/2014/shard.html

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER - take out cover before 31/03/14

Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)

Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)

Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

OUR OTHER OFFERS CONTINUE

Our multi-buy and loyalty rewards continue indefinitely - that's £20 OFF any extra cars you bring to us and upto £50 OFF your home insurance. These offers are on top of any other draws we might offer from time to time.

If your car or home insurance is due this month, please include us in the mix when you get your quotes. Not only do we offer great rates to car club/forum members but you'll be entered into the above competitions.

0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

This feedback posted just today on one of the forums: "Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here - for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you and hopefully I'll get my NCB bonus back so that my premium is even lower!" Wardy, Briskoda.net

• 1 month later...
***CHRIS KNOTT Silverstone VIP Tour for Two WINNER***

Thanks to everyone who entered our prize draw by getting a quote between 1st Nov 2013 and 28th Feb 2014.

We're really pleased to announce the winner of our prize draw as sicskate (aka Ben Hobbs) from FiatForum (and other forums). We hope he has a great day and look forward to seeing some pics!