VR6OC INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 50bhp.

It starts for ages 25 and over for Comprehensive cover and 19+ for TPFT cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found below;

Club Reference 979

PREMIUM MEMBERS WILL RECEIVE THE BENEFIT OF FREE LEGAL PROTECTION.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Current CK offers   CAR INSURANCE In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a ca

Hi there, my insurance is due soon on my vr6, im 30 an have had the car 1 year, prev insurance was £360, fully comp 1500miles, classic policy so although 1 year claim free , no ncd built up. Does this

Hi,   Well, it's the 1st day of June and we're looking forward to taking your calls if your car insurance is due during the next month. May was a great month for us and it's all thanks to car club/for

Why the 25yr old minimum?

I'm 23 with 6yrs ncb....more than a lot of over 25ers.

Meh' date=' you have your rules I suppose. :)

[/quote']

Well, we did start off with the age at 22 but the insurers were paying out £147 for every £100 they took in for under 25's on these types of car which obviously is just not sustainable.

So they changed it and are now happy!

Hello,

I've a wad of points and had a short ban(cc10 3months), which i know usually means only certain insurance companies will entertain for a resonable cost. I'm ensured with all 12points declared, but renewal is due soon, can you specialse in this? ( in work so can't call just now but can post!),

I'm 26, 4years NCB...

Cheers, j

Ok, so I have driven and been insured on 5 mk2 golf gti's and now am in the process of building my very own mk2 vr6. In the meantime however I am driving a Toyota Lucida Import 8 seater and FINGERS CROSSED the mk2 vr6 project will be ready in time before my insurance renewal on the toyota. I am planning on selling the wagon to use the mk2 as a daily. I am over 25 and have over 5 years no claim bonus is this fine?

also wanted to add that I have reconditioned the engine new timing parts, honed block, ported head (from the shed), 6 branch manifold, de-cat pipe, car has been wax oiled fully underneath, 280mm brakes upgrade narrow track....all from a corrado and everything apart from honing block and porting head done b myself.

Hello' date='

I've a wad of points and had a short ban(cc10 3months), which i know usually means only certain insurance companies will entertain for a resonable cost. I'm ensured with all 12points declared, but renewal is due soon, can you specialse in this? ( in work so can't call just now but can post!),

I'm 26, 4years NCB...

Cheers, j

[/quote']

Sorry, afraid 12 points is too many for our scheme.

Ok' date=' so I have driven and been insured on 5 mk2 golf gti's and now am in the process of building my very own mk2 vr6. In the meantime however I am driving a Toyota Lucida Import 8 seater and FINGERS CROSSED the mk2 vr6 project will be ready in time before my insurance renewal on the toyota. I am planning on selling the wagon to use the mk2 as a daily. I am over 25 and have over 5 years no claim bonus is this fine?

[/quote']

Yes no problem!

Thanks to Kim at Chris Knott' date=' my wifes renewal premium went from £580.. down to £390.. had various quotes around the £420 mark.. gave CK a try and have smashed it.!

Thats for the higly modified pink vr6 that we have.

Thanks guys!

tony.

[/quote']

No problem! That's what the scheme is about!

• 2 weeks later...

We have just announced plans to move to much larger premises from 1st March 2010. Existing customers will be notified in due course but this is all due to the success of our insurance scheme as we look to expand.

This year we took on 50% more staff in our New Business team just to cope with demand and as more people hear about the scheme and contact us, we will look to continue to increase our numbers so as to maintain the positive feedback we receive.

We have already hit November's target with a week still to go so again thank you to those who have rung us for a quote.

I'd ask that anyone coming up for renewal (including family) within the next 21 days to please give us a ring on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 by mobile (as cheaper).

Please mention the club name/reference number and don't forget our car breakdown policy at £54.50 for full UK cover. I announced this on the site a few weeks ago and it has generated quite a lot of interest already.

Explanation of phone system changes

to improve call handling.

Just to let you know that we’ll shortly be improving our phone system so that you’ll find out sooner if all our operators are busy. This rarely happens now as we've added more staff but this is for the odd occasions when it may do.

At the moment, if the whole quoting team is engaged, customers get through to a receptionist who takes down a phone number and we call the customer back. The downside is that, when we ring back, it’s either not convenient for them to talk or we get voicemail.

So to improve things and increase your chances of getting through to us first time, we’ll no longer take down numbers for call-backs. Rather than keeping you holding, we’ll tell you earlier that we’re busy and ask you to call back when it’s most convenient to you.

That’ll save your time and your phone bill (unless you’re already saving by using our 0800 number) and we’ll be able to handle more calls first time round because we won’t have quote staff tied up ringing other customers back.

We’ll monitor how well it works over the coming weeks and make any changes as necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just to let you know I'm taking a (well-earned?!) rest over Christmas!

From today, I am only in on 23/12 but then off till 4/1/10 so won't be able to answer insurance-related questions on here till then.

Of course, the office will still be open each day except the 'Bank Holidays', Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Saturday afternoons & Sundays – 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile.

The claims department is manned 24 hours a day and the claims helpline number can be found on your Certificate of Insurance & policy booklet.

Have a good Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

As with most people, we have been affected by the snow but most of our staff are in now though it took some time. We are due more snow in our location in the next few days but as half our staff are fairly local anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'll let you know however if there are any significant changes re staffing!

UPDATE - JUST BEEN TOLD WE ARE SHUTTING AT 3.30PM TODAY - WEDNESDAY 6TH JANUARY!