R32 bumper on Mk3.5 cab

as far as I know the mk3.5 cabs had mk4 look panels etc made specially to fit a mk3... ie you can transfer the wings, bonnet, lights grill & bumper from one to a mk3 and make it look like a m4... that makes me think that a proper mk4 bumper wouldnt fit

this is all an educated guess though and I could be wrong!

surely vw would not got to the expense of creating expensive one off moulds just to make the 3.5 cabriolet look like a mk.4 when they can just use parts from a mk.4 front to start with which would be the current model anyhow! maybe the front panel is mk.3, i dont know for sure, but its worth checking it just to make sure that its not just mk.4 stuff!

• 2 months later...

YES..it can be done however the R32 bumper is slightly wider as it is designed for the wider MK4 cars. To fit it the bumper has to be cut and plastic wleded to fit. My buddy did this to this MK3.5 cabby. and slapped in a 1.8t with a T3/T4 turbo. the R32 bumper really does wonders for the front end! click link for the pic..enjoy

cabby1.jpg

[ Edited Sun Feb 20 2005, 08:49AM ]

That looks absolutely awesome!

I suspected that the job probably involved cutting n' shutting the bumper, as the front of the Mk3.5 cabrio is visibly narrower than that of the Mk4. I'm impressed that they were able to retain the VW badge - the bodyshop that did that car earned their money!!

Do you have any more pics?

[ Edited Wed Feb 23 2005, 01:32AM ]