Pearsy's Black Death VR !!!! ( Thats now called hopping MAD!!! )

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Right people thanks to the shitty weather haven't really done alot !! Right well i was trying to sort out my exhaust system a couple of weeks ago and its abit of a pain as the exhaust jetex is 2.5inch dia where as the standard cat is 55mm i tried buggering around with it till i gave jetex a call as i see the same exhaust system as mine but with a fitting kit !!! so i said to the bloke do you sell a fitting kit and bingo ! they do so i got one not bad for £33 posted here is a pic

Picture033.jpg

So at some point when its dry i wanna fit that and repair the cat as it BLOWS !! anyways so i thought i would finnsh off the in-side with the heater controls with putting neon wire around them and then lighting up the dials in white !

so here is a bit of wire i used for the LEDS

Picture034.jpg

Chop the ends off

Picture036.jpg

then pull them apart !

Picture037.jpg

then have the face plate with the neon wire glued down !

Picture035.jpg

Then sarted to make the single white led up !

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture041.jpg then put it all together !

Picture043.jpg

i havent got a pic of it at night as i need to do a few more bits.

I was on fleebay when i came across a vr6 short shifter with no name so i put a bid down and then won the item ! yeah ,

so this is what it looked like when i got it !

Picture044.jpg

all good but moving it backwards and forwards it was very very sticky ! so i thought f**k it that lets take it apart !!

Picture045.jpg

so once i got the manual off there webstie and clean it up ! time to take my standard shifter apart !

Picture046.jpg

there it is on the floor

Picture048.jpg

then getting ready to fit the short shifter

Picture047.jpg

there it is fitted

Picture049.jpg

then done too me i would say about 45mins to take the old one out then fit the new shifter and it works lovely apart from reverse which sticks when taking it out but not that bad ! so yea apart from that still got a few more bits like the roof linning mk4 now lol and lights and etc just a good old tidy up !

Some interesting things going on here....that glove box is well bright!! Don’t you go AAARRRGGG MY EYES every time you open it up??!! lol

Be interested to see you illuminated heater panel, and good job on the shifter

Some interesting things going on here....that glove box is well bright!! Don’t you go AAARRRGGG MY EYES every time you open it up??!! lol

Be interested to see you illuminated heater panel' date=' and good job on the shifter

[/quote']

Cheers fella ! na i love the glove box when it opens im like a magpie to green !! lol i will get some pic with it but not 100 % happy needs more green ! lol cheers love the shifter if anything they all should have it fitted !!!

is that felt or painted in your glovebox?

Nice work on the dials' date=' lets see em lit up

[/quote']

Its felt in the glove box i would say to take your time in doing so as its such a bitch to cut ! lol cheers mate i will get a snap when im next in the wagon when its dark lol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello people, right where do i start if you can see the video the problem with the engine mounts was he cause of all of that ! right old pain in the arse as i replaced the front mount bracket but then found the rear mount was gone then once replacing that found that the front mount had gone to ! so alot of back and fourth lol !!!

thats the old bracket at the bottom the only thing i can think why that broke was because the back mount was fucked !! which put pressure on the front mount which fucked which then 2 bolts went missing ! and left on bolt to hold the engine down !! which then the bracket failed !

Picture004-3.jpg

But then after all the fun i thought i would sort out my bat tray as it had two bolts holding it down and also was painted a dark green as thats all i had at the time !

So here are the new bolts made out of stainless steeel ! much better

Picture005-3.jpg

and here is the new bat tray in black !

Picture006-1.jpg

So after all that fun i had i thought i would sort out the gear knob as it was to long ! and the thread was stripped so i thought i would make a temp gear knob ! check it out lol

Picture002-3.jpg

so after that i thought i would start on my old gear knob

Picture001-2.jpg

and so i shorten it and made a new insert

Picture003-3.jpg

and thats about it at the min needing to do my roof linner and sort out my ABC pillar plastics and my sub box etc etc and give the bloody thing a good clean ! well thanks for looking and will update soon !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there people i thought i would do a update as i have been a busy boi !

frist off was to finally sort out my headlinner which stays up !!!!!!! lol

so here are the pics!

Here is the head linner without the sponge!

IMG_0847.jpg

As you can see its layered

IMG_0850.jpg

This is the whole head liner off !! lol

IMG_0848.jpg

Then what i did spary the whole lot with glue and cover but pull it back up and spary a little bit at a time !

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

So once i had stuck anything down i did a few bits a fitted it up ! which was abit toutch and go as it was quite limp ! lol

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

so pleased with how it came out after months with nothing lol !

then also i got these off fleebay !

IMG_0880.jpg

so here they are fitted, Much better then my old ones !

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

Cool idea covering the sunroof motor panel' date=' did you use a foamy fabric cos you'd taken the original foam off ?

[/quote']

Yea i used the foamy backed stuff really goot looks wicked but once it is stuck down its stuck down i found out ! as my first one got smashed up !! lol