Hi chaps,

Done a 20 minute taster session at Brands Hatch yesterday and the oil got worrying hot, seemed to stop going up once it got to 134 degrees, the coolant was only slightly over 90. I still whacked the heater on though!

Around town and after a blast on the motorway I've not seen it above 110.

Should I be worried? Or is this normal for abusive driving?

I do have a slight oil weep from the oil cooler, but not excessive at all.

Any ideas?

Well you would expect to see higher levels around a track.. the oil is thrown around due to G-forces etc and it is working harder as youd expect. Plus the oil sensor is in one spot lets say the right side. So if you are going around corners on thye other side then the sesnor would have less exposure to the oil as it is forced to the oher side by the corner forces..

Yes that is very high and I would be tempted to change the oil as it can loose its properties with excessive heat. Dependant up on which type of oil you are using depends on how bad that level of heat is to that oil... if you see what i mean...

The fact that your water temperature remained steady would indicate that there is no real problem.

if you are going to do regular track days then you should look at higher spec oil coolers etc etc etc

Thanks for your reply, I understand that it would run hotter on the track etc, but not that hot!!

The oil is quite new as well (Quantum Synta Silver 10w40), but I am tempted to change it now.

I've been looking at oil coolers as they are def a good idea for the track like you say.

It was dark when I got home so didn't get a chance to check the oil, I'm going to have a look tonight, thanks for the pointers :-)

Anyone else experienced this?